chapter 22

"Vijay, did you avoid Jay's calls? He called me now, he told me that a shareholders meeting was arranged at our office by Joseph... also told me to tell you to call him immediately."

Vijay took his phone and dialed Jay's number when Priya left the room.

"Hello...Vijay... Where are you?... How many times I have dialed your number... Why didn't you attend my calls...?" Jay who attended the call in the first ring started to throw questions one after another not giving a chance for Vijay.

"What is it, Jay? Didn't I told you not to call me today...? I'm not in a mood to hear anything...let's Joseph do whatever he wants...I don't care... So please..." Vijay moved the phone away from his ear to hung up the call.

"Vijay...wait...wait...it's important..." Jay shouted through the phone knowing his friend will hang up anytime.

Vijay held the phone back to his ear when his shouting reached his ear. "What is it...?" He asked impatiently.

"Vijay, Joseph is planning something big... He has called all the shareholders and also our company's legal advisor... The meeting was planned all of a sudden... I also got that information only a few minutes back..." Panic was evident in his voice.

Vijay knitted his eyebrows in deep thought hearing everything. 'What is he planning?'

______________________________

When Vijay entered the meeting hall with Jay almost all the chairs were filled with the companies investors. Only a few chairs were vacant.

Joseph looked at Vijay with a smirk on his face while the others were looking at him in confusion not knowing what was happening.

Joseph stood up from his seat when Vijay sat on the seat at the end of the oval wooden table. Jay stood at the back of him.

"Before telling you all, the reason for this emergency meeting I will suggest you to go through this paper..." Joseph said showing some papers in his hand. He then called his PA and gave it to him, he passed it to all the members present there. Joseph sat back on his seat with satisfaction when he saw everyone got that paper.

Vijay's hand shivered when his eyes moved through the lines in the paper. It was the photostat of the agreement his dad signed with Joseph in return for the money he brought from Joseph.

"What is this?... I want to see the original paper..." Vijay shouted at Joseph not being able to control his rage.

"Why not...?" Joseph said camly. He then passed the original documents to Vijay without any hesitation.

Vijay was confused seeing the original documents with his father's signature. "No...this is not the original document... It still had months to return your money... The time duration fixed was five years..."

"Hahaha...What happened to you, Vijay? How can I change the original documents? You must have mistaken...the time duration fixed to return the money was four years as it was mentioned here, not five as you said." He completed with an evil smile trapping Vijay.

Tapping on the mike to get everyone's attention Joseph continued. "As the four years of end time had already completed... I have the right to decided whether to buy this company or to merge it with my SS group of companies... But this company was Vasudev's sweat and tears... So I'm not buying this into my name... Instead of that, I have decided to make our children's marriage as Vasudev wished... And after Vijay and Sandra's marriage...half of his shares will be transferred to his wife, that is my daughter Sandra's name as decided... This is my decision..."

Vijay was shocked hearing what Joseph said "Noo...that's not happening... You can't do anything to this company or me with this fake document..."

"Fake...! Seriously...? how can you call it fake when you have the document with your father's signature on your hand?... I am asking you for one last time if you don't want to marry my daughter then I will take back that offer... this company will come to my hand, do you want that...?" that was a warning from Joseph's side.

Vijay sat there not having any words. Even some of the shareholders gathered there had some doubt on Joseph but they couldn't say anything as he had the document with Vasudev's signature in his hand. No one could prove that the document was fake. Some felt pity for Vijay while others were happy seeing the fall of a young businessman.

Vijay was left alone in the meeting room with Jay when all the shareholders left after the meeting. Some of them congratulated Vijay for his marriage that was going to happen with Sandra before leaving.

Not having any strength to face Madhu Vijay decided to stay at the office that day. When Priya called him at night saying he had some busy works as an excuse Vijay ended the call.

The next day also Vijay made himself busy at work not returning home. Madhu was worried not seeing Vijay for two days, he was also avoiding her calls and messages.

But the news waited for Madhu was more painful than she ever imagined. She felt like the pain she feeling now because of the absence of Vijay was nothing when Joseph's call reached Priya with the news of his decision of Vijay's engagement with Sandra..................................