chapter 27

Madhu refused to go to her classroom after her encounter with Ervin but Anjali somehow convinced her to attend the remaining classes. During the break time and the lunch hour, Madhu just spend the time in her classroom not going out, she didn't overcome the morning incident.

"Madhu why are you sitting here? Come, it's already late...we have to go before they take the bus..." Anjali told Madhu who was sitting inside the classroom, even after the classes ended.

"I'm scared Anjali...he will be there... I don't want to go in front of him..." She said hugging her bag tightly.

"No one will be there Madhu, everyone had left the college... only students who were going by the last College bus were left inside the campus... so please come with me... don't worry about anything else..." Anjali tried to convince her.

Even though her words gave Madhu some sort of courage, she didn't completely overcome from the situation to get out of the classroom.

"Are you going to sit here like this until the security comes and kicks you out..." Anjali started to lose her patience with Madhu's scared behaviour, Madhu also understood that by listening to her words.

Not wanting to make Anjali irritated Madhu agreed to her. "Anjali, just a minute..." She took out her phone from her bag telling Anjani to wait.

"Who are you going to call now, Madhu?... It's already late..." Anjali said impatiently checking her watch.

"Wait, let me call Vijay... I'm going to ask him if he could pick me..."

Anjali looked at her like she had gone mad "Are you insane...? Do you think he will attend your call after all those things...?"

"Yes, he won't avoid me... I know him..." Without waiting for Anjali's words, she dialed his number and moved her phone to her ear.

Vijay's caller tune played making her wait for him to attend the call. Every passing second felt like an hour for her; she wanted to hear his voice, she wanted to tell him that she need him right now.

But disappointing her that call ended after playing the full ring. With a disappointed heart, she dialed his number one more time and placed the phone on her ear. But this time increasing her disappointment he cut the call making her hear a computerized voice 'the person you have called is currently busy please try again later'

Seeing her disappointed face Anjali guessed what could have happened so she didn't ask about it increasing sadness. "Don't worry Madhu... talk to him once you reach home... he will definitely understand you..." consoling Madhu, Anjali took her to the bus.

____________________________________

Swirling the glass filled with vodka Vijay moved it to his lips. With each sip, the pain in his heart only increased.

'I know very well what you need from me... what you need is not me but my body...'

He caressed his chest when the words repeated in his mind. "Sh...she said I don't love her, Jay..." He wiped his eyes with the back of his right hand in which he was holding the glass.

"Vijay... That's enough... You are already losing your control..." Jay said grabbing the glass from his hand forcefully.

"No...I need this to soothe my heart...see it's paining here..." Vijay tapped on his chest, pointing there to Jay. "She said I don't love her," he repeated like a kid singing poem.

"We will talk about it tomorrow...now come with me..." Jay forcefully took him out of the bar without saying anything further.

Jay didn't feel mad at Madhu hearing what she said from Vijay, he knew how she would have felt when she heard his engagement news. But Jay didn't try to talk about it as Vijay was not in a condition to hear him out.

Vijay repeated the words 'she said I don't love her' throughout the way to his home making Jay slam his head on the steering. When he couldn't take it anymore, Jay silenced him by putting a crimped tissue paper into his mouth.

For the rest of the journey, Vijay was busy spitting out the tissue paper stuck in his mouth giving rest to Jay's ears. Even after Jay stopped the car in front of his house, Vijay was busy with the tissue paper job that he didn't even notice that they reached his house.

"Come..." Knowing Vijay won't go by himself, Jay opened the door for him. As it was already 11:36 pm everyone in that house had already slept and that was a relief for Jay. Otherwise, he could have faced the questions of Priya because of his best friend.

Opening the main door with the spare key Vijay had, Jay carefully took him upstairs to his room.

Madhu who was struggling with sleep due to the thoughts of Vijay came out of her room hearing the noise from outside.....................................

Friends,

I wanted to update this chapter yesterday but couldn't because of network problem... I hope you will give your thoughts about this chapter as comments...♥