Chapter 8

Upon entering the boy see Wilbur messing around with something he hasn't seen before, it makes lovely noises though as he blew onto the wooden thing. It almost reminds him of his blow dart, but Wilbur was holding it sideways and moving his fingers against it. He was also moving around in circles as if trying to do a little dance as he, Tommy can only assume, play with whatever that was. The people in the tavern soon started clapping on beat with him. The brunette soon jumps onto a table and started twirling around for a moment before pretending to drunkenly walk off it. Landing his ass on a seat and soon stopping.

Wilbur playfully bows while still sitting and the tavern people rewarded him with yelling and clapping.

The boy watches the brunette smiling before handing the thing he was playing back to the owner. Wilbur soon notices them and waves.

"Well hello. Took you two long enough to get here." He smiles.

"What was that?" Tommy asks before adding. "That thing you were playing?"

"You never seen a flute before? It's an interment. You know like at the festival?"

"I guess I never took the time to notice it, sorry..." Tommy muttered getting embarrassed for asking now.

"Where's Techno?" His teacher asks.

"Oh! He's probably at the table in the corner by the window." Wilbur answers pointing them over to Techno.

Techno was just staring out of a window already drinking. Tommy slowly looks away getting more interested in the flute as he walks over to the owner of it.

"You ever played one of these?" The owner asks noticing Tommy walking up to them.

"Um..." Tommy thought for a moment before replying. "Not that I can remember..." He awkwardly coughs.

"Would you like to try it?" The owner asks already handing it to him.

"Um...I guess I can try."

Tommy carefully took the wooden flute into his hand, feeling how smooth it was, messing around with the many holes it had on it. He took a deep breath before copying the stand Wilbur did only minutes ago. He then slowly closes his eyes and gently blew into them.

However, nothing came out, and then he noticed all the chatter of the tavern stopped. He slowly opens his eyes and sees he was no longer in the tavern. He was in a forest, that he doesn't recognize as the leaves were a mostly different type of orange, red and yellow. They were illuminating as well, while everything was a pitch blackness to what looked like the end of the world.

He soon heard the flute being played again as the leaves started to come off the trees and float around him as if greeting him with a 'hello'. All Tommy could do was smile as he breathes in the air. It smells of coffee beans, chocolate, wood, and some sort of musk. That smell feels familiar but he has no idea what. He soon closes his eyes trying to get a better smell of it. Only to have smell blood, alcohol, vanilla, and cinnamon. The music then started to sound bad to his ears and he soon holds his breath.

Upon slowly opening his eyes he realizes he was back in the tavern, everyone quiet and staring at him. He slowly lowers the flute he had in his hands as he felt blood rushing to his face.

"Sorry..." He manages to mutter out as he hands the flute back to the owner and dashing over to Techno's table.

Like that everyone went back to whatever they were doing.

Aizawa, Wilbur, and Techno were already at the table drinking and eating when Tommy decided to sit down.

"So what the hell was that?" Techno ask.