Chapter 13

In those three days, the rain has lightened up for a moment but never really stopping. But it was manageable for the four to keep traveling by wagon, wasn't easy but manageable. A few times the wagon got stuck in the mud, and every time they had to get it unstuck Wilbur ended up eating it. Yet they managed.

They haven't run into any trouble or caused any to each other. It's been like the past few days didn't matter.

This bothers Tommy a bit as they rode in the now foggy area. The only time when it didn't rain and yet they can't see far ahead or even around themselves.

"We'll be there any minute now," Techno spoke up looking at the map while Wilbur was driving.

"How can you even tell with this much fog in the way?" Tommy asks having his head in his journal.

"I just do."

Aizawa looks over at the boy. "You excited about getting answers?"

"I mean honestly yeah, but I'm also sorta nervous." He admits.

Aizawa nods and ruffles the boy's hair a bit. "That's normal. It will soon pass I'm sure."

"If you say so." Tommy went back to drawing another design from an old idea he had.

It was a prostatic arm, he noticed that a few people are missing limbs in his town, so he's been designing a few of them. However, no one wanted to try his idea for one reason or another.

The blonde sighs and looks around seeing the fog starting to lighten up as they could see a town. Or what you can call one.

They were greeted by walls that were connected to the mountains, sealing it with the freezing burn ice with only one-way entrance to it.

"You sure we're in the right place?" Tommy asks staring at the walls as they went past noticing there was some sort of symbols he didn't recognize.

"It has to be, sure..." He heard Wilbur muttered as the horses' hooves clap against the stone path.

"Then where is everyone?" Aizawa then asks.

There wasn't anyone there, everything was quiet, it was almost like a ghost town.

"Let's just get what we need and get out of here." Techno quickly said.

"Techno." Wilbur started.

Tommy looks over at the half-elf, seeing he was starting to physically shake.

"Come on, I think we can walk there," Techno stated and get off the wagon before it came to a full stop. He glances back over to them. "Hurry up. I don't want us to stay here longer than we have to."

Tommy glance over at his teacher and Wilbur. "Is he okay?"

"He senses something not right in his town..." Wilbur answers before adding. "And if he's this nervous then it's bad then...let's go before we get kill."

Tommy nods quickly grabbing Henry, his weapons, and pulling his hood up before following Wilbur's footsteps. Aizawa soon follows with Friend on his shoulder, staying close to Tommy.

It was quiet as they walk through the town as if people just left or vanished. Though it looks as if everything was being taken care of. Like it was only recently people left.

The boy looks around noticing the small shops that were filled with all sorts of things. For a moment he stops in his track and tries to see into it. Only to have someone grab his hand and tug on him. He looks over and saw his teacher.

"Come on kid, this place gives me the creeps." He spoke, as he holds the boy's hand.

Tommy nods and hesitantly follows, gently squeezing his teacher's palm as the nervousness finally sets in from the atmosphere this place gives him.