ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Sɪx

Hatshepsut stares at you while sitting beside your bed as her handmaidens stood behind her.

The female pharaoh has been on a stroll when she found you on the banks of the Nile river.

Interested in you, she takes you home with her to take care of you.

You remind her of her daughter, Neferura, who by the way got married last year.

Innocent and sweet-looking, her motherly instincts are the ones that made her feel the need to help you recover.

Maybe even take you in as a second daughter.

"You should go rest and we will watch over her, your grace"

"Indeed, you need to rest as you have a meeting this afternoon, my pharaoh"

Hatshepsut rolls her eyes in annoyance as leans back in her wooden chair which is in front of your bed.

"I'm in no mood for any meeting today, so postpone it to tomorrow" the handmaidens nods at their pharaoh.

You slowly open your eyes, and sit up from bed, only to be shocked that you are surrounded by women.

You honestly had hope that you would return back to your timeline, but instead, you are still in the past.

"Who are you?" You ask.

The handmaidens frown at you angrily.

"What do you mean who is she? That is your Pharaoh, Hatshepsut! Show respect, girl"

You honestly were offended by the way the handmaiden was talking to you and decided to talk back.

"Excuse me, why are you speaking to me in this way? am I your slave or something!"

Clearly, the woman is insulted by your words, but before she could say anything, Hatshepsut dismisses her, and the other handmaidens.

"All of you leave"

When you were about to stand up and follow the handmaidens out of the rooms, Hatshepsut stops you.

"What are you doing, child?" you chuckle nervously.

"Obeying your orders" your response makes her laugh loudly.

Yes, you don't know why, but you are so nervous about being in the appearance of a great Pharaoh like Hatshepsut.

The woman is the second female pharaoh to rule Egypt, and not only that, but her era was filled with glory and the economy boomed due to the increasing trade with neighboring countries.

Honestly, the woman looks so beautiful with her sharp dark brown eyes, and the Nemes that is covering her hair gave her an elegant look.

"Where are your parents, child?"

You honestly, don't understand why she is acting as if you were a child when you are a twenty-two-year-old woman.

"They have passed away" you lie to her for some reason.

"Perfect" you are shocked by her happy reaction.

"Excuse me, what?"

"Would you like to become my daughter?" 

"HUH?!"