Chapter 3 | turbulent waters

Its our sixth night here on this boat, it feels good to be driving safe out on the sea after being stuck all those years. I was laying down staring at the ceiling until *THUD* a huge noise came from the boat and I heard screaming of almost everyone. I ran up to the top of the boat and was greeted by a huge tentacle like thing on the top of the boat, luckily it hadn't hit anyone, yet. "WHATS HAPPENING" I yelled out of fear and confusion. "What do you thinks happening Emerald" a small voice came from behind me I turned around and "AH SHADOW WHAT THE- ARE YOU NOT CONCERNED" "no" "your no help" "BALIKISS" "EMERALD WHAT ARE YOU DOING GO HIDE SOMEWHERE" I quickly ran down to the bottom of the boat while the boat was shaking and turning every which way Frankie and some others were throwing harpoons and other weapons at the huge kraken. I ran up there not to far but just enough to yell "STOP IT GET DOWN HERE YOU ALL" but I was just a bit to late because I suddenly heard "AAAH HELP" I ran over to the scream and started throwing everything I could find at the arm it was grasping her in. It let got for a split second and she managed to quickly climb back up to the boat I threw one last harpoon at it striking the eye and ran "COME ON FRANKIE" she couldn't yell but she was running"we made it to the bottom of the boat, shadow was standing there "What stupid thing did you do this time?" Frankie fell down and started coughing up water "Frankie you could have easily died just there" I said. "BALIKISS IS STILL OUT THERE" Frankie sounded super concerned until a huge splash hit the ocean and we starting driving super fast for a good 30 minutes. Balikiss came down and hugged Frankie after stopping the boat. "Is this really a good idea?" "We can't stop now" I'm hoping Kiss was right. "Frankie that was stupid" shadow added "brave, but ultimately stupid" I couldn't sleep, what could possibly happen next? Frankie was this close to dying someone will surely die! I was so scared for the rest of the week and a bit after that but I just took in the fact I can't do anything about it.