Chapter 8 | Balikiss

The days went by, nobody had talked for weeks after Shadow died. At this point the thought of getting to land was the only good thing we had in our lives at the moment. Frankie was so mad at herself for that fight she had with Shadow, she hadn't eaten or slept in days. I can't say I have either though. I'm not to sure about Kiss. She's just been driving the boat as usual. She had taught me how to drive a boat a couple days before, maybe to cheer me up? But today she had actually asked me to drive the boat. No matter what happened I was to keep driving the boat, we wanted to get to land as soon as possible of course. I heard loud screaming from downstairs after not even 5 minutes of driving the boat. I was so worried something happened but I couldn't go down there I was driving the boat! They didn't call for me so I assumed it was fine maybe...something just happened. Kiss came back but without Frankie. "Alrighty thanks Em" she gestured for me to give the wheel back to her. I was wondering where Frankie went but considering she was so sad, it wasn't abnormal. Not even 5 minutes later a giant serpent jumped out of the water and flapped its tail, the huge fin slapped me and I fell right off the boat just before it went back into the water and swam off "AH BALIKISS HELP" she ran over here in a hurry and grabbed my hand all I could hear was loud noises coming from downstairs. I looked up at Balikiss and she just smiled, not a sweet smile, but a psychotic smile. Then she let go of my hand, and walked away, leaving my grip even worse than before. "BALIKISS BALIKISS WHAT THE-" she came back with someone's neck wrapped in her arm, that someone was Frankie. "FRANKIE" I blurted out needing someone to help me before I fell in the ocean. If I fell in there I would be devoured in seconds. "Frankie won't be able to help you now. I'm the one who's going to make it to land, I'm the one who's going to be famous for this story. ME!" She slowly stuck her hand in her pocket and pulled out a dagger, and it wasn't just any dagger. That was shadows dagger, she placed the dagger to Frankies neck, practically cutting her skin. "ITS THE END OF-" *BAM* a pitch black foggy hand slammed right down on the boat, with waves following it. Balikiss swam away, leaving Frankies hand to mine, she pulled me up, but Balikiss was nowhere to be seen. Unlucky for her, she's taught me how to drive a boat. Me and Frankie swam to the wheel and the water went down with it.
Balikiss was still, no where to be seen. "FRANKIE! Look!" Is that..? WELL KEEP GOING" the last few days on that boat were filled with excitement and dread. But we had made it. "Sorry sir I know it was long" "haha don't worry about it, millions of people love hearing the story of how you got here today, your incredibly brave Emerald!" "Well, thank you but I ought to get going now" alright back to this apartment. Laying down in my bed I turned on sounds of waves and storms, and as a drifted off to sleep, I pretended Shadow was there on the floor beside me.