Chapter 6 | Temper

"YOU" I turned my head to see Frankie up to shadow. "Me?" "YEAH DO YOU NOT SEE WHAT YOU DID" "WHAT!? I DID NOTHING THE ARAMOGANIST DID IT." "ARE YOU KIDDING!? IF YOU WOULD HAVE SAID SOMETHING SOONER THEY WOULD ALL BE ALIVE" "WELL ITS NOT MY FAULT I WAS IN A STATE OF PANIC" She swung her arm at him but he ducked down, not in a slick dodging sort of way but in a flinch sort of way. His arm then balled into a fist and made its way into her chest, causing her to fall to the ground. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared. "MAYBE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SO PATHETIC AND JUST TOLD KISS TO DRIVE THE BOAT" "I WASNT THE ONLY ONE IN A PANIC YOU WHERE FROZEN IN FEAR TO FRANKIE" "OH OK SO YOU CAN MANAGE TO OBSERVE THAT IM FROZEN IN FEAR BUT CANT MANAGE TO TELL BALIKISS TO-" she froze, shadows sharp blade having just pierced her skin. She punched him in the face but this time he couldn't avoid it. He pulled her by the collar of her shirt up close to his face and whispered...something, though I'm not sure what. "What on earth are you to doing!?" I heard kiss belt from across the boat. She saw Shadows bruised and bloody nose, Frankies cut, and saw Shadow drop her from her collar onto the floor. "WE DONT HAVE TIME FOR THIS PEOPLE DO YOU NOT REALIZE OUR LIVES ARE-" she stopped talking for a moment "We have to work together" I took Shadows hand and pulled him down to my room. "WHAT ARE YOU- HEY LET GO OF ME" I placed him carefully on my bed and pulled myself a chair to sit beside him on. "What is this a therapy session!?" "Yes" "oh good-" "now tell me. What's wrong" "what's wrong!? WHATS WRONG!? SHE WAS BLAMING ME FOR SOMETHING THAT WASNT EVEN MY FAULT I-" no no no" I said with my hand on his face stopping him from speaking anymore, "why did you flinch" "why did I flinch!? B-because it's a regular human reaction" "yeah sure ok, but that was a hard flinch" "I'm just- a flinch-er" "a flincher" "yeah" "nope, tell me what's really going on" "not gonna happen" "oh so you admit somethings going on" "no" "yeah you did" "can you stop forcing it on me I don't want to tell you" "wouldn't talking about whatever it is help?" "Sure I mean whatever....my dad used to hit-" "hit?"
"Me, he used to hit me" "WHAT oh- sorry" "it's fine Im- I'm going to bed now" "ok night I- guess" I was hoping no more creatures would show up, I'm not going to assume no more will show up because every other time I did that I jinxed myself. I couldn't sleep thinking about what Shadow told me. His dad hits him? I couldn't even imagine- is that why he was always so against any mention of his father? I feel bad for him. I woke up and saw Shadow sitting on the deck, he looked...depressed? He always looks that way though to be honest. "Now shadow" Kiss said waltzing up to him. "Now you go apologize to Frankie" "not in the mood" "now come on shadow-" "JUST LEAVE ME ALONE AND GO-" he was suddenly cut off by a beautiful singing voice.