Chapter 4 | Shadows room

"Shadow?" "Yes" "c-can i sleep here in your room tonight?" "And why would I let you do that" "because I'm scared" "wouldn't it be easier to just talk to me?" I didn't reply,  just nodded my head I don't really know what would be better Im not sure why I came to shadow in the first place. I never would have done this before. He grabbed my arm and took me over to his desk and pulled over another chair and sat me down on it. "K talk" "huh?" "What's wrong why are you scared" "w-well because I don't want anything else s-scary to happen, Frankie was so close to dying and she just barely made it out!" I had tears forming in my eyes "look Emerald, Frankie almost died because she's Frankie...and because she was being stupid. She didn't think about what she was doing, I'm sure after that if and when something else happens we will all be smarter about it" "if and when?" "Well yeah I don't know what's going to happen- oh sorry that probably made it worse"
"No no it's fine" "ok well do you want to lay down in my bed- I'll sleep on the floor...if that makes you feel safe" "I don't want to like...take your bed from you" "look. I'm just trying to make you feel, I don't know safer" I got into the bed, because he wasn't having it. I drifted off to bed thinking about what shadow said, he had actually helped quite a lot.

It was early in the morning, I didn't want to get my hopes up thinking nothing would happen, but I also didn't want to think something would happen and stress myself out. The nights went by some nights I was fine some nights I slept in Shadows room others. I just hope nothing happens, well, nothing dangerous happens.

It was Wednesday night and I was sleeping in shadows room again, he was on the floor next to me except not as peacefully as the nights before. I know this sounds creepy but when I can't seem to shut down I watch him sleep on the ground next to me. I swear it's not in that way, tonight was a rough night. There was a minor storm outside and I could not sleep, I looked down to shadow to see if he was awake, he was tossing and turning, but not because he couldn't sleep. I could tell, he was having a nightmare! I wasn't quite  sure what to do about it, but I tried waking him up,  he didn't even start to open his eyes. I just decided to quietly comfort him to maybe try and stop the nightmare, I'm not sure whether it worked or not but he stopped moving around so I just assumed it did and got right back to bed. It was morning again and weeks had passed by without seeing even a shark, I was getting my hopes up that we might not see another monster until we hit land! But every-time I think that, one pops up.