020

Chapter Twenty - Tension

"Emma! Your mom's on the phone!" I said walking into the guest bedroom where Emma was watching on her iPad.

I handed her my phone and sat on the edge of the bed listening as Emma and Ms. Porter said goodnight to one another.

"Good night Momma!" Emma said and smiled

"Good night baby, I'll see you soon ok?"

"Yes momma" Emma mumbled and gave me the phone

"Good night Ms. Porter, see you soon" I said walking out of the room closing the door behind me.

"Good night Sophia" She said before we hung up the phone.

I had to reschedule my meeting with teen Vogue tomorrow, I just told them that I had a family emergency and gladly they understood. My team arranged a new appointment with them after I got back from Miami.

I told Vinnie that he could stay if he wanted too, he said yes and was now sitting on the couch watching a movie.

"I must say, you are a great babysitter" Vinnie said as I sat down next to him.

"I'm not that great, when I babysat back home there was a kid I played hide and seek with, and the boy had gone missing for 2 hours"

"Huh? Did you find him?"

"He got stuck in the washer" I said and giggled as Vinnie laughed

"Since when did you Babysit Emma?" Vinnie asked

"A couple months after I got here, not exactly sure though." I paused "Emma is honestly the sweetest kid I have ever met."

"Besides the fact that you almost lost a kid once, Is babysitting that bad?"

"If you have a demonic kid it's horrible, but if you have a kid like Emma, there's nothing to worry about"

I woke up 10 minutes ago, it was already 1:15 am as I couldn't fall back asleep. My head was filled of things, I've been texting Nailea for the past few minutes trying to tell her about Vinnie.

Nai 🤠
What's bothering you about Vinnie?

He's staying at my house!

Nai🤠
But I thought you were that one that
asked him to stay over?

I know I did, but now I feel weird. Nai
there are butterflies.

Nai🤠
Why can't you just tell him?
I'm sure he'll understand.

But what if he doesn't look at me
like that?
Nai it's going to ruin our friendship

Nai 🤠
Well you can't keep it in forever,
you'll have to tell him some day .
Right?

Your right, I will have to tell him someday
somehow.

Vinnie's pov

I couldn't sleep, a lot of stuff in my head, mostly how I'm falling for Sophia. Gladly Michael was still awake so I'm texting him, hoping that he would tell me what to do.

Michael :)
I just think that you should tell her
What's the worse that could happen?

The worse that could happen is
that she doesn't like me back
and our friendship gets affected because
of this crush I have for her