Prologue

Darkness.

For them there was no escape or they knew no way out of that coldness.

The land was being resettled and all it held in possession was ruins.

There was no hope for more sunrises and sunsets, even the clouds seemed invisible. No big birds would like to fly in that lifeless atmosphere. The moon was all that they saw in the sky while the stars were content to hide. There was no constellations to tell them stories nor the soothing wind to sing a lullaby. All they had was the darkness that was pulled over.

If one of their people would see the land then, would regret for not being able to save the land that once prospered like in the magical tales. They had everything, greenery, fantastical creatures, love and life but not now.

The colourful glow that belonged to each of them was no longer in sight only because the royal dragon was stolen from the battlefield. It was happened in the wrong way, otherwise, never would have that wild Dragon followed the commands of a man.

The dragon was won through extremely dirty tricks that were used to win the battle. The battle that chose who would take care of the land for the next decade, the battle to choose the deserved. A protector. It resulted in debris and awakened natural disasters. 

Even they believed that the previous winner of the Saga had went away, far from his duties of protecting his land, the heir who was chosen by the people to keep all the magic in hand.

But one among the nature's reaction was a gift. She was born into the battle ground of the world. 

They told, "She is a mere human."

"She shouldn't be here."

"How can a little one cry like this?"

"She is not our kind."

"She brought darkness in our land."

"This cannot be her home."

She was different from others. Being different was always difficult but that is always satisfying. Difficult was satisfying.

She, an offspring was carried in the basket with those few who evacuated the land that threatened their existence but many of them stood back to face what the fate had planned for them.

Existence was a small word for those who always believed in fighting to achieve a living. 

They flew down and took shelter in the ordinary world, hiding themselves in a way that they would finally forget their true self.

But what was they really hiding from, from the world or from their self?

The history wouldn't explain about the lands from where the few had migrated because there was no such land in the books or articles.

This land was not to be visited for it was not seen in any maps to be pointed by a finger.

Was it reachable or not, far or near, real or fake was all about whether the traveler was a cynic or a believer?

She was born, a believer and she believed everything that she could see but not through her eyes but through others.

She was different from everyone else, indeed strange.

She will not remember to go back to the land she had once come from because it would never show the way because the land is lost in the darkness.

"Could anyone dare to be its sunshine?"

***

Surya_SK