Chapter 1

"Are you coming?"

The screeching sound of the train echoed as it halted. There was a buzz of passengers running in and out of the opened door. All of them moved past the vendors into a busy scheduled life of their own.

Her voice was dry and it was feeble as she had been consoling her dearest mate all the way.

A young and fit lady in red trousers and soil like brown shirt with matching boots was at the door. She was trying hard to stay there as the crowd was rushing in. Her brown hair bounced on her shoulders as she caught the grip of a pole and walked inside and sat near where her luggage had been placed.

She looked out at the armchair with helplessness in her eyes. The railed window didn't block sight of another young lady of her age battling with solitude. Brinya was already getting back to her home town and she wanted her friend to join her. She called out with open arms, "Are you joining?"

The lady stood up from the bench. She wiped out her tears and folded the letter in her hands and she put it back into her coat pocket.

Brinya hardly plastered a smile and waved her friend a painful bye as the lights were flashing green.

Srishti waved her in return still worrying for the lady lost in thoughts about her but relief slumped her inner self as she decided to stay back, as she decided to discover.

Brinya gestured her to take a deep breath and whispered. "Have you made a decision...?"

Still lost in thoughts, Srishti Diora wouldn't take a step ahead. The horn of the metallic worm blared, sounding a warning that it was pulling away. She dared herself to stay back and return to where her life was paused.

A life that she wished to rewrite because she still didn't discover who she was.

Srishti exhaled heavily as she pushed her hands into the warm pockets of her overcoat and she took a few steps back.

She sometimes thought that her parents were the alchemists under the greedy and devilish Adrima whom she had pictured from stories that was passed. But Srishti imagined herself being the descendants of the Wild Miracle while she was told that she was the ordinary. The tribes that held powerful history in the lost lands and created legacy about magic, spells, curses and dragons, those who had migrated from the land that was destroyed.

Srishti was raised by her mother till she was set to go on her own. Her mother, Dikshita Dikra, a professor in the school of sorcery and occult visited her once in a month and sometimes that visits also sank but she cared no more. She was on her own. She had learnt to be herself. She was taught to be herself, though it was a really tough process after her father had died.

Her father was the very person who had been her shadow till her tenth birthday and then did he suddenly disappear on a stormy night as if he had been a dream, but she knew that he was there because he did leave behind a message for her on her nightstand.

You are the creator of what is to come. Your twentieth birthday present is in the wooden box that mom had gifted you. That letter awaits you in the attic. I believe my girl will only take it then. I love you and I will be always there for you.

She still doubted if he died like a common man or as a warrior because his tale never reached her, not after he had left to make up a Draco saga, a saga that her father had always told about. A saga that she dreamt of witnessing, and may be somewhere in her there was an urge to participate.

At times, she even doubted if there was the lost lands or was it just a setting in his stories that built dreams and established hope in her. Hope for achieving the impossible.

Whenever she as a little girl told anyone that she was going to find the lost land and help its people get back home because she could be a warrior, they laughed at her and she was happy that they atleast heard it considering a joke. After all everything was a joke.

Everyone told that the life was all about discovering the true self and whenever someone tried experiencing that, they were called crazy. Of course, she had experienced it.

The train was running away and Brinya encouraged her with a beautiful smile and she got back to her seat. Srishti took a few steps back as the train was fading round the corner. She fueled herself with some positivity since she had made her mind to follow her heart.

She didn't want to die without knowing whether the story was true, whether the challenges or the magic was true.

But she feared that she would run out of time, by the time she convinced those around her that she would like to go behind myths, behind the magic, behind the fantasy; following her father's footsteps.

Yet the fear was not to die, the fear was that the dreams would remain unreached. Unfinished. Unfulfilled. She still feared about the society because their mouths would never be shut. They thought that she was mad because she read books researching about the land that was just an illusion. She was actually collecting evidence to prove them wrong but nothing was easy in life after all.

The lines from the letter rang in her. "A guide can tell the route but the traveler chooses the destination. What will you dare to do? Where would you like to go? I will take you there..."

Dreams mattered to her because that was the destination she had chosen. She knew it was going to be tough because she never knew if she believed in what was a reality. She wanted to live in the dreams because it wasn't just a way for her to escape but for her to exist.

Surya_SK

Welcoming all the dreamers. Fasten your seatbelts as we are starting.

Lets go!