Chapter 8

The door was pulled open and Srishti's hands were sweating. She moved aside to the wall without words and plastered a thin smile.

She wanted to run in for a hug but she restrained herself because may be it was not the right time.

Ishaan rose his eyebrows at her and she tilted her head. Adya came over as the silence was irresistible. She immediately jumped back and bowed like she would touch her forehead on the floor.

Kashvi ran in. "Come in, daughters. We had been waiting. How are you both?"

Adya and Srishti denied behind them as they got in.

The plump ladies looked like sisters who were in the forties. They wore a denim overcoat over their floral gowns with a pair of pearl earrings and an elegant yet expensive necklace. Their grey waves on the black hair stood distinguished as they spread it open.

Kashvi smiled. "Come in. Have you had your dinner?"

They nodded as if they had taken a vow to continue the silence.

"Take a shower and get some rest." Kashvi helped them to cover the awkwardness.

They smiled exchanging glances between one another and headed in. They seemed to be familiar yet were like strangers.

Ishaan bowed his head and smiled at the girls. "I will be around. See you," he ran back to his cart and Adya shut the door.

***

The bed was well organized with little pillows bordering the girls' single beds.

They laid down with a sigh and Srishti came across the necklace and pat came the worries out of Srishti, "Oh God! I left that courier in the cart of Ishaan. What am I going to do? "

"Don't panic, he will most probably find us because he need someone to guide him in here," Adya comforted looking cool and calm as usual.

Srishti worried to sleep, wishing that she met way with him again.

***

"Rise up, dear!"

The little girl heard her father. "I will get back soon. Listen to your mother and be a good girl, okay?"

"Where are you going father?" She looked deeply into her father's eyes. "Can I come along?"

"No, sweetheart. Father has got some business to deal with. I will take my princess there once I return."

She dropped her smile. "Is brother going with you?"

"No dear, he is down the valley, researching something in the library."

"Where is mother?" She had a sudden feeling of being seized under loneliness.

"Mother is going to the school."

"And Grandmother?" All she wanted was a perfect family, everyone doing things together and living a life like in the tales with happily-ever-after.

"Grandmother has been to the forest for offering some flowers to the deity."

Her father kissed her forehead and smiled. "We will always be there for you, my universe I promise."

He stood up and grabbed his bag and he pushed in a bundle of notes. She slowly pulled the end of his coat. "What if I don't have any of you, father?"

"Come for us then." He chuckled.

"Where will you be?"

He handed over her a small notepad and smiled like there were many things planned for coming up later. He closed the door with a smile, yet his eyes wet. He knew that he doubted his way back as he was going behind his childhood mystery.