Chapter 4

She was literally running to be on time and her grandmother had already sent her the tickets. She wouldn't pride herself for being punctual.

Hailing a cab early in the morning to the station was pretty hard but she wouldn't dare to stay home, waiting because her grandmother was strict about time.

She walked down the street with her luggage until she got a lift.

"Hey young lady," the woman on the driver's seat greeted with a smile.

"Uh... Miss, are you diving towards the main road?" She was hurrying and her words came out faster than she had thought.

"Oh... I see you are in a hurry." She reduced her smile and stared at her for a moment. "Hop in. I will drop you."

She sighed in relief as she dumped her luggage in the backseat and jumped in. She wore her seat belt as the lady drove off.

"The station?" The lady asked looking at her luggage through the rear view mirror.

Srishti nodded, "Yes miss. Could you make it a little faster or -"

"Or you might miss your train." The lady completed. "Don't worry."

The lady turned on the radio to listen to the rock music and then the car was literally flying.

The station wasn't filled and there were many young passengers excited for their vacation.

Srishti got down with her luggage and then knocked on the car window and it slid down. She smiled with disappearing worries. "Thank you so much miss."

The woman winked. "You are welcome. Have the best time in you life."

"I wish the same. Anyways miss, you were a great help to me. Thank you again." Srishti wore her bag and politely dipped her head.

"Happy journey!" The woman then rushed away.

Sometimes things happen just like that, as if they come for you and then vanish like a dream.

She checked in herself and took in a deep breath knowing that it was going to be a pretty long way.

She waited with concerns piling up in her mind. She was guarded with insecurities. She sat on the bench with a cup of hot tea from the stall.

She walked around the station because she had never been to that place as a passenger. This felt strange to her.

By the time she got back, the train had halted. She took in a deep breath hoping for a good time. She was smiling as she planned things she would be doing at home. She got in with a hope that filled her like never before.

Her mother had warned her not to expect or dream beyond her limits. She was restricted from hoping.

She sat in the reserved cabin with no one around until someone ran in. The young boy looked in a hurry.

"I am sorry ma'am."

Srishti was startled as the door was shut. There stood a little boy in a baggy trouser and a shirt with a strange pocket and a piece of cloth hanging out of it. His brown trimmed hair matched his leather boots.

He corrected his hat and smiled pleasingly. "Pardon me ma'am but please understand I have no ticket."

She smiled. "Take a seat kid."

He wiped his forehead with a knitted cloth that he pulled out of his pocket that was too embroidered for a shirt. "Thank you."

"So, where are you going... no ticket, no luggage?"