Glossary

Awakening Ritual
Witches and Warlocks must undertake a series of tests in order to experience their Awakening. Upon passing, they gain their full powers and are essentially immortal. The Awakening does not cure pre-existing illnesses. Witches and Warlocks must abandon their human name and chose one of their own. Rare side effects include mental breakdowns/ illness.

Binding Ritual
The ritual undertaken when a Corripio demon agrees to bind with a Witch or Warlock. Once complete, there is no way to reverse the ritual.

Corripio Demon
Latin: To seize, steal
Class: High
An ancient species of demon who feed off of human souls. Humans must willingly sign over their soul to a Corripio demon.

Custos Demon
Latin: Guard, keeper
Class: High
A subservient species of demon which are believed to be near extinction. They were created to serve and protect demon of high rank.

Devoro Ghouls
Latin: Devour, consume
Class: Middle
Eaters of death, they devour the flesh of humans who have abandoned their mortal soul.

Enchanted Ink
Tattoo parlour. Owned by elders, employes Witches and Warlocks. Provides normal tattoos as a service but specialises in tattoo enchantments; for protection, peace, and luck.

Messor Demon
Latin: Reaper, harvester
Class: Middle
A Witch or Warlock who has binded with a Corripio demon. As demons, they retain their magical abilities. They are tasked with collecting souls for their master.