Episode One / Part 1

Starting from the point where Chris introduces her.

—————————

“And lastly, Asia, Cameron and Sam!”

Asia shimmied her shoulders, pivoted and threw her arms in the air... just in time to catch one of the falling contestants. She set him on his feet, giving him a kind smile as the gamer said something about a grenade launcher.

“Nice timing. Cameron, was it? I'm Asia!”

“H-hi.”

“I can't wait to set foot on the island. Just look at it!”

Cameron turned to the rapidly approaching island. Trash littered the beach, and he was pretty sure that dock was going to collapse at any second.

“Uh...”

“It's going to be awesome!”

As soon as those words left Asia's mouth, the boat exploded and sent everyone flying into the ocean. Asia resurfaced not too far from the shore, smiling at her luck and paddling towards the sand. Once she was on solid ground she shook her hair out and began to wring out her hoodie, just as Jo questioned Dawn on how she got there first without getting wet.

“Hm? Oh! I used a shortcut.”

Asia tilted her head at the sleepy-looking girl, wondering what that meant. She decided not to think about it and instead watched as the rest of the contestants came ashore.

{CONFESSIONAL}

“It's been a while since I've focused on something other than improving my dancing. Which sucks, because I'm really social at heart. Hopefully I won't come off too strong. It would suck if I got voted off first for being creepy.”

{CONFESSIONAL END}

By the time everyone was dried off, Chris had made an announcement. It was nothing serious, just a command to run through the trail while trying not to disturb the aggressive wildlife. And then he blew an airhorn into the speakers. Jerk.

Asia took off into the forest, sprinting down the trail as trees began to topple in the distance.

~~~~

Asia was the first to cross the finish line, Lightning and Jo right behind her. The three of them skidded to a stop in front of Chris. Jo raised her eyebrow at Asia while Lightning just stared in shock.

“Wow, you're faster than you look.”

“Thank you?”

Jo nodded, then jokingly elbowed Lightning.

“I expected more from Mr. Athlete, though. Sorry you had to lose to a girl.”

“Psh. Lightning didn't lose! Lightning never loses. Besides, you lost too, man!”

“Man?”

The banter ended when Chris pulled up on a motorbike.

“Captain Modesty, two steps left. You're on Team A. Amazing Asia, move right. You're Team B. Yo, Jo, you're with her as well.”

The trio seperated into their teams, Asia and Jo standing a respectable distance away from eachother. As the rest of the contestants arrived, Chris separated them into their teams. Once it was over, Asia took a look at her team. In addition to Jo and herself, Anne Maria, Mike, Cameron, Zoey and Brick were now a part of the group. Everyone began to talk about the mysterious wildlife.

“What the heck was that in the forest?”

“I'm pretty sure that cry does not belong to any known animal species!”

“Relax. It'll all make sense eventually. Now, this season of Total Drama will be a little bit different. For example; in every episode, someone will be eliminated.”

Everyone either gasped or frowned, Asia doing the latter.

“It's never been that hard before.”

“I know, I'm good. But since you're all  first-timers, I'm gonna cut you a break and hide this bad boy somewhere in the campgrounds.”

Chris held up a small wooden carving of his head.

“A genuine McLean-brand Chris head! Your free ticket back into the game. Even if your teammates vote you off. Whoever finds it will become the most powerful player in Total Drama History! ...Is the cleft on my chin really that big?”

“Yep. And it looks like a butt.”

Chris glared at Scott and set the figurine down.

“Moving on... time for the team names!”

Lightning was quick to speak up with his own ideas.

“Team Lightning- no wait, Lightning Squad!”

“Great suggestions Lightning, but names have already been chosen by moi. Team A; you shall henceforth be known as The Toxic Rats.”

Asia cringed a little. She hoped her team wouldn't be named something as gross-

“And Team B; you are hereby dubbed The Mutant Maggots.”

{CONFESSIONAL}

“Why maggots, of all things? We couldn't have been mutant monarchs or mutant monkeys?”

{CONFESSIONAL END}

“Um. What's with all the references to chemical waste?”

As if set off by the words 'chemical waste', the same mysterious creature that had been chasing the contestants earlier let out a ground-shaking roar. Cameron ducked and covered his head.

“It's the monster!”

Three trees fell, each one tipping over closer to the clearing. Mike and Zoey held on to eachother and Cameron screamed again. Asia subtly stepped behind Brick as the creature revealed itself to be a...