𝐨𝐨.Somebody to Blame

January, 1927

January, 1927

   CIRCE DALTON always thought that she's going to do something great in her future. She just never knew the extent of it, or how she's going to get to it. Or, well, she didn't expect it all to start with the Ministry of Magic storming inside her family's potions shop — The Chemist.

   Under normal circumstances, she and her family would greet the Ministry officials with open arms, however, this time is different. There are several Aurors standing in the door, and they've charmed the 'OPEN' sign to 'CLOSED'.

   The lead Auror of their mission is Theseus Scamander, the current Head Auror. Circe knows him from the Daily Prophet, as the journalists often like to talk about the most promising Auror in all of the United Kingdom. A war hero, they call him also, for saving Muggle lives during the first world war that they weren't even allowed to meddle with.

   But she also knows him because he's the older brother of Newt Scamander — one of The Chemist's regular customers, though above all, her friend — and also because the Ministry itself gets many of their potions from the shop located in Diagon Alley in London.

   Circe stays hidden behind a curtain in the back of the shop, letting her father and his brothers deal with the Aurors. She looks upon her cousins, who work in the family shop, too, and shakes her head to signal them that they shouldn't intervene and let the owners deal with it.

   "Benjamin, Oscar, Richard and Roy Dalton, you're under arrest for the assistance to a known criminal, Gellert Grindelwald," says Theseus.

   Circe's eyes widen as she hears it, her eyes darting between all five of her present cousins. They shake their heads, not knowing what is happening either. Their family does not support Grindelwald in any way. This doesn't make any sense.

   "Our family does not support that man," says Benjamin at once, the oldest one of the brothers; and Circe's uncle.

   "You've sold your potions to many of his supporters," states one of the other Aurors that came along with Theseus Scamander.