𝐢𝐢𝐢.Percy the Tortoise

March, 1927

March, 1927

   "NOPE, GO AWAY."

   Circe looks at the person standing in the door to her flat. Her entire body has a negative reaction to the sight of him, her blood boiling. She isn't surprised that he knows where she lives, but she is surprised that he decided to visit her. As if her seeing him about a week ago wasn't enough for her.

   When Circe tries to close the door in Theseus Scamander's face, he puts his hand on the door, keeping it open successfully, as the man is much stronger than her. All of her effort is in vain, yet she tries her best.

   Despite her withering glare, Theseus doesn't let go of the door. Circe groans after more seconds of trying to close the door. She lets go of it eventually. She can't close the door with Theseus keeping it open. So annoying.

   "Fine," she grunts. "What do you want?" Not bothering with such things as being polite, she stands before Theseus, not allowing the man to go inside, as that is her only way of showing that she still has the upper hand. It's her flat; her rules.

   Theseus looks at Circe, rubbing the back of his neck. "Can I come inside?" he asks.

   Circe deadpans, not having to say the obvious no out loud. Did he truly believe he could ask to come inside and she would gladly let him? But Theseus understands and nods, pressing his lips together. He hides his hands in the pockets of his coat, his right arm clasping around his wand for comfort. He knows the witch standing before him won't attempt to curse him on the spot, but she could very well try to punch him.

   The Dalton woman notices it and sighs. She remembers Theseus hiding his wand in his right pocket on the day of her father's arrest. He did it to show that he doesn't want to hurt them, although he was hurting the family either way.

   Circe's wand is out of reach, but she's been practicing wandless summoning, so she could technically Accio her wand to herself. So far, the summoning charm is the only spell she can perform without a wand. But it is a handy one either way. And if anything, she thinks, she could always use her hands as weapons — even if the damage would be much less lethal than if she were to have a wand.