𝐢𝐱.Fate of the World

September, 1927

September, 1927

   "FOR HOW LONG?"

   Newt puts his hands on his hips, as he stares at Circe. He raises an eyebrow at the woman, wondering how long he'll have to suffer in London by himself due to his perpetual travelling ban, for the Ministry of Magic is convinced Newt is a spy for Dumbledore.

   "A week," Circe replies. "I think ... I'm not sure how long my mum wants to stay in Paris, I just know she wants to go there. And we have some relatives in the city, you know, a few cousins, so we'll be staying with them, I think ..."

   "For someone going on this trip, you don't seem to know much about it," Newt points out the obvious. "Do you at least know when you leave?"

   "On Friday," Circe nods, biting the inside of her cheek. "Don't you have another appointment at the Ministry then? Trying to get your travelling ban lifted again?" she questions.

   Newt averts his gaze to the ground, nodding weakly. "My fifth attempt," he confirms. "Perhaps they'll finally change their mind." Newt's voice remains hopeful as he looks up at Circe, who smiles at him.

   "Perhaps," she says. "And then we can both go to New York, because I want to meet this Tina that you keep talking so fondly of, and keep a photo of in your case." Grinning, Circe raises a teasing brow at Newt. "She's very beautiful, you know."

   He chuckles, shaking his head, hiding the slight pink shade of his cheeks. He avoids eye contact with Circe, and she laughs softly. The only time she has seen Newt like this was during their time at Hogwarts when she asked him whether he fancied Leta Lestrange back then. It brings a smile to her face, knowing that Newt has somebody he cares about like this again. Because of Tina, it didn't even upset him as much, when Leta and Theseus announced that they would be getting married.

   Which did not exactly work out anyway. Still, it wasn't until Tina came into the picture that Newt finally hid the photo of Leta he used to keep in his case.