𝐄𝐝𝐠𝐚𝐫 𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈)

You're Y/N L/N, a new survivor in the Oletus Manor. It is a large manor owned by an anonymous individual, who holds "games" of hunter and hunted.

Y/N POV

I'm in front of this place which is apparently the Oletus Manor, as mentioned in the letter. I start to get a bit of anxiety. I enter and see a person dressed as a nurse, or doctor? She comes to me and smiles. I return it with a small smile, "Come in!" She says excitedly.

I'm now inside the Manor, she asks, "Are you the new survivor?" I get confused upon the word 'survivor'. "Huh? What do you mean?" I say. She replies, "Oh! You don't know about the game. Do you have a letter with you?" I remember the invitation letter that I received. I nod handing her the letter. She takes it and reads it then smiles widely. "Y/N?"
"Yes that's me!" I respond.
She says, "I'm Emily Dyer, you can call me Emily!" I say a bit excitedly "Okay!" I look at my surroundings, this place looks old and a bit spooky but nice I guess. She says. "Oh! Come with me, I'll introduce you to the others." Others? How many people are here..

There are many people here, I got to know about almost all of them.
My eyes fall upon a brunette guy, he looks like a painter. I must admit he's cute- I snap out of my thoughts when he says, sounding quite forced as if he didn't want to be here at all
"Edgar Valden." I smile a bit as I say, "Y/N L/N."
 Edgar says, "Tsk, another commoner." and walks away. The girl who's apparently Emma says, "Don't mind him, he's like that to everyone."

-

-

Emily leads me to my room. After she leaves, I look around the place a bit and notice a girl on the floor.
I quickly go to her and give her a hand helping her stand up.
"Are you okay?" I ask. She says a bit quietly "Yeah, thank you."
I don't think I've met her. She is a rather cute girl wearing glasses. "May I know who you are?"
I ask. She says, "Oh- I'm Helena Adams, the Mind's Eye. And you are..?"
"I'm Y/N L/N, the Singer!" I say sounding a bit childish.
After some talking, we become friends. And coincidentally our rooms are near to each other's.

--

We are going down the hallway while talking about random things until we meet Edgar on the way. He looks at me and I feel anxious. "So it's you again, the new girl? How annoying." He says staring at me with a rude gaze. I slightly frown. Then I hear Helena say, "Just go mind your own business.. you're the one being annoying here." I smile a bit.
Edgar huffs and says, "I have better stuff to do rather than talking to peasants like you."
He walks away not sparing a single glance. "Why is he like that.." I ask.
Helena replies, "Oh, Edgar? Well, he's quite snobby and narcissistic. He loves hearing praises about himself and calls everyone around him a peasant. You're gonna need to get used to it."

-_Timeskip_-

- 6:03 PM -

I'm laying down on my bed after unpacking for what felt like hours. We have a meeting tonight about the "game" and other stuff.
I sigh. The image of an enthusiastic and childish girl that I built of myself isn't actually me. I am originally always filled with fear and anxiety.
..

 I think about Edgar, "Why do I feel so awkward around him?" Ugh, I hate that guy. 

-_Timeskip_-

Third Person POV

You're here at the meeting spot, you got to know how the game works here. Everyone is here just to play these games almost everyday? But for what? You don't know. All you know is that you came here after receiving an invitation letter to this manor that day.

Y/N POV

The Mechanic comes up to me smiling and says, "Hello! I am Tracy Reznik. I didn't introduce myself before, did I? Well, you're Y/N right?" I say, "Yes, I am! Nice to meet you, Tracy."
 She asks me, "What are you?" I get a bit confused then say, "Oh- uh- the Singer..?"
She replies, "Oh. I meant- a kiter, decoder, support or a rescuer? And what's your ability?"
You look down and say sounding a bit upset, "Umm, I don't know." She smiles reassuring me, "Oh, its fine! Maybe you will get to know in game or something." Helena sits beside me.

"Oh, hey Helena!" I say happily. Tracy says,
"You know each other? That's great! I was about to introduce Helena to you."
Helena says, "Yeah, me and Tracy are good friends. Also Tracy, I've gotten close to Y/N already hehe.." Tracy giggles, "That's nice." Edgar walks past stepping on your foot not too hard. "HEY EGG WATCH WHERE YOU STEP!" I scream.
The others seem to get quiet while some start giggling.
"Egg? That's not my name, stupid commoner. You should be grateful I have stepped on your foot." I scoff, "Haha why would I? And you should apologize." Edgar slightly smirks and walks away ignoring your sentence.

"Asshole." I mutter.

-

"You have a match tomorrow!" Tracy says excitedly. "Oh.." you say, scared. "Who are gonna be my teammates?" You ask. Tracy says, "Edgar, Helena and Victor." You start getting frustrated because Edgar is gonna be there. "The hunter is gonna be the Photographer, Joseph." says Tracy. Helena looks down and says, "I'm sorry, all I can do is decode. Please don't rescue me if I get chaired!" I say, "No, no. Don't say that, I will rescue you if you get chaired. You're not changing my mind." Helena sighs.

- Timeskip, The Next Day -

Y/N POV

I was sleeping peacefully until I heard aggressive knocking on my door. I get up after 5 minutes and open the door seeing Tracy. "Hello." I say, rubbing my eyes. Tracy says, "You were sleeping? Your match is soon! Go, get ready now." Oh god, the match I forgot.