𝐄𝐝𝐠𝐚𝐫 𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈)

This is part 2 of the Edgar Valden (Part 1) so make sure to check it out first if you already haven't

Tears started forming in your eyes and you got out of there before anyone could see you. You sat on a bench and let it all out.

"Maybe I was too late." You wipe your tears and fix yourself before going to the others. Emily looks at you, "Oh hey- everything alright?" she seems to notice your dried up tears.

No.

"Yeah, I'm just exhausted, no worries." Emily furrows her eyebrows and then nods. "Well then, would you like a drink?" You put on a smile and nod.

You look to see Tracy approaching you, with Helena on her trail. You start getting anxious. "Hey, there are many shops in here, wanna check them out?" asks Tracy. You frown as you remember what you saw earlier, shrugging it off. "Sure."

You check out a couple of flower shops, vintage clothing stores, bakeries and more. "We have too many bags." Tracy exclaims. "Well- we can leave them to some workers and they will bring them to the Manor." Helena answers. "Smart, Hellen Keller." Helena turns pink.

Tracy and Helena asked you if you wanted to join in the ball room where everyone's dancing, you said no. You sat on a bench under a cherry blossom tree and admire your surroundings. You can hear the music coming from the ball room. "Man, I need the toilet." You get up and go to the restroom.

-

Coming back, you see a letter on the bench you were sitting on. Picking it up and opening it, it reads..

Go to the big tree at midnight. I hope to meet you there, Y/N.

No signature.

Who would want to meet me at midnight? No such person would come to your mind right now. You keep the letter to yourself.

Vera finds you sitting on the bench alone and sprints to you. "Hey! What are you doing here not in the ball room? Come on!" She pulls you and practically drags you to the ball room not listening to your pleas. 

You enter the ball room, beautiful silk curtains and flowers adorning the place. A staircase down to enter the dreamy slow dancing fantasy. "Vera I-" She cuts you off, "Go get your partner and dance." She then walks away. 

Victor approaches you shyly. "Uh, can we dance? Since I don't have a partner." You absolutely go speechless for about a minute. "I- oh yeah sure." He then gently takes your hand guiding you.

The music gets to you and you eventually get the hang of it, slowly dancing while talking about random things with Victor so it doesn't get boring. 

Though, you feel a pair of eyes piercing into your soul which makes you a bit uncomfortable.

After the dance ended, everyone had a grand feast with the most delicious dishes. Soon enough, you could finally go back to the Manor, into your room. 

-

-

You stumble back into your room after a really long day. Opening the drawers and pulling out comfy clothes. Suddenly you remember something. Your head shoots up to the clock. Ticking 12:05 AM. Shit.

You sigh before throwing the clothes that you just pulled out from your drawers on the bed, and opening the door to your room. Looking down the eerily quiet hallways before getting out of your room and locking the door.

The only sounds you could hear right now the sounds of your heels and your irregular breathing. You open the doors to the map to China town, they didn't remove it from the Manor yet, all the decorations still as pretty as how you saw them last time.

You spot the big tree and someone standing by it. You walk closer before you can make out the familiar features. Still in his Golden Ratio costume, Edgar.

Why would he call me here in the middle of the damn night? Your thoughts wander back to the scene. You force yourself to stop thinking about it and walk to Edgar.

"You were the one who wrote that letter?"

"Obviously. Why would I be here then? says Edgar while his beautiful blue orbs stare right through your soul.

"Okay, why exactly did you call me here?"

Edgar pauses and takes one step closer. 

"Hmm. I hate admitting it but, I might have fallen for your stupid ass."

Your eyes widen as loads of thoughts make their way into your mind. Little tears start filling in your eyes.

"Hey- what? Why are you crying-"

"You're lying." You say.

"Why would I lie about this?" Edgar takes another step closer.

Your breath hitches. "Don't you like Tracy? You kissed her-"

Edgar takes another step closer, your bodies now slightly pressing together while your faces are inches away from each others'.

"You saw that?" He asks softly, looking guilty.

"Obviously, why else would I say that?" You mock his tone from earlier.

He chuckles. "I'm sorry, I got.. carried away." You frown.

"How?" you ask.

"Well."

Flashback

Edgar POV