Chapter Seven

• Dedicated to holmes-cumberbatch-crieff-who

He searched everywhere for her. His heart was so heavy he felt he could not go on. “What happened to her? What changed her so?”

“I do not know. She changed after you left. She spent her life in the woods. She started to forget who some people were. When her sister Eva visited from Ireland, she had quite forgotten that she was her sister. She had forgotten who you were.” Mother stated. The joyous celebrations had turned bitter, shrivelled up and died. It was rather disappointing.

“Are there any free rooms?” She looked pointedly at the man behind the desk. Her family always stayed at this hotel, so she knew it was safe and comfortable.

“Yes. Why would a young lady like yourself be wanting a room here?” He returned, eyeing her. He turned her stomach.

“That is of no one’s concern but my own. The name is Crieff; may I have the same rooms as my family had last time?”

“Yes m’am.” He handed her some keys in exchange for some money. “Just the one night?” She nodded, and went to find her room.

A stable boy had already put away her horse in the stables. She hadn’t realised how long it had taken her to drive to London – it was almost nightfall. She sank back into the soft bed and thought for a while. It was comforting being in this familiar place during this time of turmoil. What exactly was she going to do? She had her vast savings with her, and she doubted her mother would cut off her allowance to her bank. Money wasn’t a problem anyway. She could easily afford a London flat. The problem was where to go, what to do with herself. Did she need to start a new life? She can’t run forever though. These thoughts tumble through her mind, worry burdening her heart.

She was constantly reminded of Master Digby. She had never felt so guilty in her life; she had seen the horror in his eyes as she had left. He was the last person she saw. Guilt was an unusual experience for her, as normally she would shrug off those things. She just couldn’t shake him from her mind though.

A dull throbbing began to reverberate around her skull, a pain she recognised as a much-familiar headache. Sick of this, she made herself unconscious, not awaking until morning.

AN

Привет! 70 reads? (Found more homework to do... D:) Спасибо! :)

Dedicated to holmes-cumberbatch-crieff-who because I used the surname Crieff from Cabin Pressure (go listen to it - it's amazing)! We're now aiming on putting in obscure references by using names like this in any creative work we do!

- Mirabel

http://holmes-cumberbatch-crieff-who.tumblr.com/