1 ➣ Destiny's Day One

- CHAPTER ONE -

❛ what a plot twist you were

what a plot twist you were. ❜

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Look, I didn't want to be a Slytherin.

In fact, I begged the Sorting Hat to put me in any house but Slytherin. Don't get me wrong, I didn't have anything against the House. I did possess all of the qualities one required to be a part of the Slytherins. But when you were one of the very few Muggle-born witches in the House, things tended to get a little bit harder.

Understatement of the century.

Life at Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry as a Muggle-born Slytherin was hell. Obviously, the Slytherins hated me because I was a Muggle-born. Students from the other houses didn't want to be my friend because, well, I was a bloody Slytherin. You see the problem here. 

Merlin, It was not my fault my parents were Muggles. I really didn't know how I survived six years like that. Yep, you guessed it. It was the beginning of my seventh year of torture at Hogwarts.

Hi, I am Azura Larson.

And this is the story of how I died. . .

Nah, just kidding. This is actually a really fun story.

So, back to the beginning of my seventh year. I was sitting in the last Slytherin compartment in the Hogwarts Express, watching the cottages turn into valleys and hills through the window. Surprisingly, I was not alone.

"I am hungry already," sighed Ray. "Where is the trolley lady?"

"Honestly, Ray, do you ever stop eating?" asked Juliet reprovingly. "You just ate like an hour ago."

They were my only two best friends at Hogwarts: Raymond Powell, and Juliet Cooper.

They were Slytherins too, but they were half-bloods. So we sort of took each other under the wing and have been close friends ever since first year. It had always been just the three of us. Juliet was a blonde, beautiful walking library. You could never spot her without a book in her hand. And if you ever needed any help with your homework, or had any general questions about the wizarding world, she was your go-to. Ray was a dark-haired, lanky wizard. Food was his everything. If food were a person, Ray would be married to them with six children by now. 

"What? Can't a guy be hungry around here?" said Ray, as Juliet huffed behind her Standard Book of Spells: Grade seven.

"Oh, I am gonna kill him," I grumbled, staring at the compartment door.

Evan Rosier, the biggest arsehole at Hogwarts, and my ex-boyfriend was standing just outside, smirking at me. Evan and I dated in our sixth year, but I dumped him when I found out that he was cheating on me with Beatrice Weston.