2 ➣ Poisoned Partners

- CHAPTER TWO -

❛ he was the summer to her winter heart

❛ he was the summer to her winter heart. ❜

━━━━━━━━━━━━

The next morning, Juliet and I met Ray in the common room before going down to breakfast together. We'd just taken our seats when Professor Slughorn approached us with the timetables.

"Ah, Miss Larson! Just the person I wanted to see," he boomed, settling near the three of us. "You're invited to my Slug Club this year too, if you're still interested, of course."

"Yes, Sir, I am," I replied.

Professor Slughorn was always my favorite Professor, after McGonagall, of course. He never discriminated against me just because I was a Muggle-born. Instead, he saw me for what I am and judged me based on my talents and not blood. He was also one of the main reasons I got into the Quidditch team.

Being a girl and a Muggle-born, you'll basically have to forget being a part of the Slytherin team. But Slughorn saw my skills as a Beater during tryouts and convinced the Captain to take me into the team in my fifth year.

"Splendid! Look out for my owl!" said Slughorn happily. "You too, Miss Cooper."

"Of course, sir," Juliet smiled.

"And, Larson, ten hopefuls have already given me their names for the Slytherin Quidditch team. I'll pass it to you in due course, and you can set up try-outs whenever you're free."

Did I mention that I was the Quidditch Captain that year? Probably not. Well, now you know. I was not the one to boast, but I was sort of proud about the fact that I was the only girl on the team, a muggle-born, and the best player too. Slughorn was so impressed with me the past two years, that I was sure he had everything to do with the Captain badge that came with my letter this year.

Let us just hope that the rest of the team thinks so too.

"Oh yes, wait for my owl," said Slughorn, then turned to Ray. "Good day, Perkins."

Juliet and I snorted as Ray managed a fake smile at Slughorn. The Professor hurried to the teacher's table.

"When will we ever get my name right?" Ray grumbled to us. Then he scanned the timetable and his face dropped even more.

"Look at today! Double Potions with Gryffindors, Transfiguration with Gryffindors, History of Magic with Gryffindors, and Herbology with Ravenclaws. . . Three classes with Gryffindors continuously on the same day!"

"It's literally the first day and all I want to do is drop out and become a muggle Stripper," I muttered.

"Come on, we don't want to be late for Potions. . ." said Juliet, as she, Ray, and I finished our breakfast and walked down to the dungeons and into the Potions Classroom.