4 ➣ Closer Against Will

- CHAPTER FOUR -

❛ your eyes hold everything my soul thirsts for

❛ your eyes hold everything my soul thirsts for. ❜

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Tuesday dawned just as bright and chilly as Monday, when Ray, Juliet, and I entered the Great Hall, it was buzzing with conversations and laughs. I quickly excused myself from my friends and made a beeline toward the Gryffindor table.

There he was, sitting with his three useless friends — well, maybe Lupin wasn't much useless — anyway, I cleared my throat to get Sirius's attention, attracting a lot of stares from the table, especially a blonde.

"Black, we need to talk."

Remus, James, and Peter raised their eyebrows at Sirius, who gave them an exasperated look before following me out of the Hall, his eyes ever so secretly glancing at Marlene as he walked.

"We still haven't decided on a place for us to brew our potion," I whispered once we were in the hallway. "Didn't you say something last night? The Room of Request or something?"

"The Room of Requirement," He corrected.

"Yes, that. Where is it?"

"Well, it'd be way better if I just show you. Come on," he started walking.

"What— now?" I caught up with him, stopping him in his tracks. "Are you crazy? We have to get to class!"

"Don't be such a goody two shoes, Larson," said Sirius impatiently. "God, of all the people I could've been partnered with. . ."

"Listen—"

"We can go there after classes are over, alright?" He interrupted, glancing inside the Great Hall. "That way we don't have to keep you away from your precious classes."

"Fine," I huffed. He gave me a mock smile and went back inside to his friends.

I let out a frustrated sigh and followed him. Just when I stepped inside the Hall, I saw Lily, Alice, Marlene, and Dorcas walking toward the door. Marlene gave me a dirty look and made sure to hit me in the shoulder as she walked past, causing me to hiss quietly and rub my shoulder.

What in the heck just happened?

Throughout lessons that day, I couldn't help but notice Marlene giving me the evil eye whenever Slytherins and Gryffindors had a class together.

"She was actually acting sort of weird at Potions yesterday too," Juliet told me during our last class of the day— Charms.

"Weird? Weird how?"

"For starters, she kept looking over at your table," said Juliet seriously. "More like— glaring at you in particular."

"But why?" I asked in confusion.