6 ➣ Make A Deal

- CHAPTER SIX -

❛ and i fell for you, like raindrops

❛ and i fell for you, like raindrops. ❜

━━━━━━━━━━━━

On Friday evening, I went to the Slytherin Captain's room, already dressed in my robes, and looked over the list Slughorn gave me. Eight people had given their names for Chasers, three for Beaters, six for Keeper, and three for Seeker. 

I smiled when I saw Nathan's name for Beater and Regulus Black's name for Seeker. Regulus was the only Black I tolerated. He was pretty much the only one on the team who didn't downgrade me for being a Muggle-born. We weren't exactly friends, but we did have respect for each other.

At six o'clock, the people who had given their names were assembled in a large group. I frowned once I saw Evan, Avery, and Mulciber in the crowd, but I couldn't let my personal feelings get in the way.

If I messed up, I'd get eaten alive.

"Alright, everyone," I called loudly, ignoring my nerves. "I am going to divide you lot into two groups. The people who are trying out for Chasers will try to put the Quaffle through the hoops, Keepers will defend them, the Beaters, obviously, will try to knock as much as players as they could using the Bludgers. So now-"

"Why do we have to listen to her?" I heard a fifth year whisper to his friend. "She's a mudblood!"

"This mudblood also happens to be the Captain, Victor," I said, raising my voice. He jumped. "So shut your mouth and do what I say or leave."

Nathan and Regulus smiled. Victor's cheeks reddened in embarrassment. I could see Juliet and Ray give me thumbs up from where they sitting on the stands; Juliet was reading a book, and Ray was eating a bag of chips.

I divided the teams, subtly making sure to separate Evan from his friends, who was trying out for Beater. On my whistle, everyone shot into the sky and the game began.

I was watching every single one of them with keen and careful eyes, so as not to miss any flaws or details. After two hours of telling off whispered insults, many complaints, and lots of temper tantrums, I was finally somewhat relieved to have found three Chasers: Mulciber, Avery, and Barty Crouch Jr. I did not like them even one bit but like I said, I shouldn't let my personal feelings intrude. It was no doubt they were amazing Chasers, but I wasn't going to tell them that.

Choosing the Seeker was an easy choice. Regulus caught the Snitch within thirty minutes, making me sigh in relief as I ticked off his name.

Beater trials, however, proved to be more difficult. Nathan was undeniably the best one out of everyone. I mean, I couldn't have expected less from the son of a world-famous Beater. But the thing was, Evan was also trying out for Beater and since there was only one spot empty for Beaters, he didn't get in.