5 ➣ Rumours In All Colours

- CHAPTER FIVE -

❛ he would burn for her and she would never light the match

❛ he would burn for her and she would never light the match. ❜

━━━━━━━━━━━━

The next morning, when Ray, Juliet and I were walking to the Great Hall, we saw Lily Evans and Mary McDonald running towards us- more like towards me.

"Thank Merlin, we found you!" Lily gasped, grabbing my shoulders.

"Why would you need me?" I asked, slightly panicked. Their faces were horror-stricken.

"They're- they're-" Mary panted, struggling to catch her breath. "There's a fight- oh, better if you see it! Come on!"

"A fight in the first week of school?" Ray exclaimed, as the five of us began to run out of the castle. "Wow, that's a new record."

Lily and Mary led us into the courtyard, where a stampede of students had gathered around in a circle. When people saw me, they scurried away, making room for us to go through.

"Get him, Sirius!" James was yelling. "Make that pretty boy's nose bleed!"

"Guys, stop it!" Remus called out. "James, shut up!"

I pushed my way through the crowd. Finally, I saw Sirius on the ground, with Evan on top of him.

"Get- off!" barked Sirius, trying to push him off.

"How dare you?" roared Evan, clutching his collar. "How dare you put your hands on my girl, Black? You're going to pay!"

"Are they. . ." started Juliet.

". . . fighting over Azura? Yes," finished Ray, and both of them looked up to me.

So much for avoiding boy scandal.

"What the hell are you talking about?" said Sirius, grabbing Evan's wrists.

"What were you doing with Azura in the broom cupboard?" asked Evan, his face reddening in anger. "Did you kiss her? I know you did!"

How did he already hear the rumour? It was too fast, even for Hogwarts. Damn, it was only seven in the morning.

"Larson, how is this happening?" Mary said breathlessly next to me.

"Hey, don't look at me!" I said in defence. "I didn't ask them to fight!"

"Well, you've got to do something!" said Alice Fortesque. "They're fighting over you!"

"Why would I get in the middle of that?" I pointed at the two boys, who were wrestling on the ground.

"Rosier, I don't think what Larson and I do is any of your business," said Sirius. "One way or another."

"You can't just put your hands on my girl and get away with it!" said Evan.

"She made it clear that she doesn't belong to you!" said Sirius. "Now, get off me before I rearrange your face."