11 ➣ When The Stars Align

- CHAPTER ELEVEN -

❛ a sky full of stars and he was staring at her

❛ a sky full of stars and he was staring at her. ❜

━━━━━━━━━━━━

The next morning, I woke up, so warm, so well rested, that I didn't want to open my eyes. I pulled the fuzzy red blanket further up and adjusted my position a bit.

Wait.

Since when were the Slytherin dorms warm? And red blankets?

My eyes flew open and I sat upright, swallowing my panicked scream. I was in the Gryffindor common room, sitting on the red couch, with Sirius fast asleep on the armchair next to me.

What the hell happened last night?

I looked around, searching my mind to see if I remember anything. The common room was completely empty except for me and Sirius.

Speaking of. . . My eyes travelled back to his armchair. He was curled up like a dog, a few strands of his long hair falling over his face, forming a fluttery curtain. With his lips slightly parted, he looked so peaceful, you could almost forget how much of a git he was.

"Ah, Azura, knew you'd be awake."

I turned sharply, almost screaming again. But I calmed once I saw James tottering down the dormitory stairs, still in his pyjamas and his hair ultra messier than normal, his glasses hanging just at the inch of his nose as he rubbed his face tiredly and took a seat near me.

"Did I really fall asleep in your common room?" I asked him wearily, already knowing the answer.

"Yeah," said James. "We wanted to wake you but Padfoot didn't want to disturb you. He brought his blanket down from the dorm and wrapped it around you. He also insisted on sleeping here so that you wouldn't freak out when you woke up."

My eyebrows knitted in both confusion and disbelief. Surely, he was pulling my leg. There was no way Sirius Black would ever give up his comfort for someone else, especially the girl he hated. Maybe he just wanted to keep the fake act going? Perhaps.

James mumbled something about waking Peter and Remus up and went back upstairs. I got up from the couch and stretched a bit. Then I glanced down at the blanket in my hand and at the boy sleeping in front of me. Fake or not, he still didn't want me to be cold so I repaid it by wrapping the blanket on top of him, which he sleepily but happily accepted.

"Idiot," I muttered.

With a last glance at his droopy form, I left the Gryffindor Tower and took the journey to my own territory- Slytherin dungeons.

I muttered the password and entered quietly. Unlike the Gryffindor common room, my common room wasn't empty.

"Oh- hey," said Nathan, smiling warmly at me. He was sitting on the couch, a parchment, quill, and ink in front of him.