Chapter 9:

After gamoras explanation I simply wanted to chug acid. It's just one thing after another. To sum up what she said: Thanos is trying to retrieve the infinity stones so he can wipe out half the universe. He has all of them except the time stone which is with Dr strange, and the mind stone which is with vision.

𝐀𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐦 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫.                                  

And we have to somehow stop him from getting them, destroy them would be the easiest way but that would kill vision and apparently Strange is very protective over the time stone. Great.

"Well we have to get to vision." I say immedietly. "Gotta start somewhere, we have to protect him."

"Yeah slight problem there is we have no idea where he is." Nat says.

"Wasn't tony tracking him or, I don't know... Tony?" Thor questions.

"Lost him." Is all Tony answers with.

"Ok we'll start with Strange then." Banner suggests.

*Time skip to the New York sanctum*

"No"

"Cmon Strange please we have to." I plead.

"Look I don't even know who majority of you people are im not just going to let you take possibly the most precious thing in the universe."

I start pacing. I'm panicking now. I'm not usually a person to panic but too much has gone on these past few days.

"Hey, calm down, this isn't gonna do you any good." Valkyrie trys to calm me. She rubs circles of my shoulders and I start to calm down. Tony and Strange are now in a full on argument.

"I don't think you understand that the whole universe is at stake!" Yells tony.

"I understand that better than anyone I assure you!" Strange shouts.

𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐆

Everyone snaps their heads towards where the sound came from.

I stand there confused for a moment but as everyone start rushing towards the door I feel a sharp tug on my sleeve and before I know it Valkyrie is dragging me out the door. We make it out onto the street and and I stand there wide eyed. None other than Thanos is truging down the street towards us.

"You have got to be kidding me." I hear Valkyrie mumble next to me. "It's almost as if we are a magnet for danger."

"Tony...." Banner and Steve say at the same time.

"We take him." Tony answers.

"It's now or never." Sam says.

"Strange, what are you planning to do with that stone." Tony asks in a warning tone.

"Use it." And in one swift movement Strange reverses time and Thanos is no longer infront of us.

"What the."

"Huh."

Everyone is making confused looks at Strange.

"Now we have a little more preparation time let's use it." Strange says.

Tony takes off his glasses and his suit encloses around him. Suddenly Banner is no longer standing next to me but hulk is. Valkyrie gets her swords and weapons at the ready. I simply gather small flames in my palms. I have no need to do this but atleast it makes me look alert and prepared.

𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐆                       

Thanos is back infront of us. I suddenly wonder how the hell we are going to do this. We are disorganised, have absolutely no plan and I don't know a lot of these people's abilities so I have no idea how I going to fight and co operate with them...

Drax makes the first move, bulleting towards Thanos with only a couple of knives. A head on attack, probably not the smartest move. Thanos simply waves his gauntlet and drax is smashed into a wall. It seems tony makes advantage of this diversion and is behind Thanos, he blasts him in the head making Thanos a little disoriented but physically unharmed. Strange is making portals all around himself and Thanos, people jumping is and out of them to attack Thanos. Peter jumps in and emerges at the foot of Thanos giving him a hard kick in the chin. Apparently not fast or hard enough though because Thanos grabs his foot and throws him about 20 feet behind me. Valkyrie jumps into another portal and manages to give stab Thanos's shoulder. Probably not where she was aiming but it's enough to make him grab his injured shoulder in defence. She's gone before he can get to her and back beside me. I give her a nod and jump into a portal having no idea where I'll emerge but I end up behind Thanos, I burn his back with a long fire blast and he cries out. He grabs behind him and manages to grab my arm.

"Oh shit" is the only thing I get to say before I'm hurled through the air.

I land on top of a car my whole body hurting.

"Y/N!" I hear Valkyrie shout and she pulls me off the roof of the car and holds me in her arms.

"Ouch." I complain.

"Are you ok?" She asks.

"Um." The question marinates in my mind for a minute. Bit of a stupid question I've just been thrown 30 feet and landed on a car smashing all the windows and denting the top, do you think I'm ok? Is what I want to say... Instead I just answer with, "I think so."

"Ok, cool cool, good."

"WE ALMOST GOT IT GUYS CMON."

Someone shouts in the distance. I look over and see some of the others have managed to imprison Thanos and are pulling the gauntlet off. Most of them are lying around trying to get back on their feet like me. The gauntlet finally comes off and Thor fly's in swiftly cutting Thanos's head off.

"Well that was quick." I say.