Chapter 12:

After lunch I was sitting on one of the massive window ledges in the landing and looking out onto the courtyard. I was so incredibly bored. I couldn't find Valkyrie or Nat and everyone else seemed to be on a mission. I assumed both Valkyrie and Nat had gone on missions when Sam came jogging up to me.

"Hey y/n wanna join us for some training?" he said.

"Training?"

He led me to the elevator and took out a small key from his pocket and twisted it in the key hole under all the buttons. I never knew what that was for and never bothered to find out but suddenly the elevator started moving downwards. Further down than I ever remember it going. The door opens into a huge area. I see weapons everywhere from bows and arrows to spears to swords to sling shots. I stood outside the evelvator gaping. I saw Clint, Nat, Valkyrie, Bucky, Peter and Scott already there.

"So this is where you've all been!" I shouted louder than intended. Peter jumped a little.

"Sorry we thought you'd gone to sleep or something." Clint said.

"Yeah we assumed you knew about this place but then I remembered that we only built it last year." Says Nat.

"Did you know about this Valkyrie?" I asked.

"After we ate Clint asked me of I wanted to train, I just assumed he asked you to." She shrugged.

I looked at Clint and he weakly smiled. I grinned back. Id always had a good relationship with Clint. He was pretty serious most of the time but he had a funny side.

𝐀𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐂𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫.
👉🚪

"Eh whatever I'm here now."

Everyone went back to what they were doing. Sam slapped he on the back encouragingly and jogged up to Bucky who was practicing throwing knives at targets. I went over to the hand to hand combat station, which was just an area of space to fight in, where Valkyrie and Scott were.

"Care to join me." Valkyrie said bowing and holding her hand out to me.

I laugh and gladly take it and she squeezes my hand and leads me over to the middle of the blank space. We position ourselves opposite eachother.

"No fire ok?" She says.

"Hey," I complain breaking my stance, "why not."

"Because then it's not exactly hand to hand combat." She laughs at my annoyed expression. "why wanna pull out now?"

"No no." I say getting back into my stance.

Scott shouts "three, two, one!" which we didn't exactly need but whatever...

I throw punches at Valkyrie and she dodges all of them easily. I must admit I'm not the greatest at hand to hand combat. I can give a good punch when it hits my target, but Valkyries dodging was beggining to frustrate me. Suddenly, on one of my punches, she grabs me arm and pulls me towards her, twisting me around and holding me in a headlock. Lucky I know how to get out of this. I dig my chin in her inner elbow, roll my shoulders, pull my leg around hers, trip her and throw her on the ground with a decent amount of force. I lye on her playfully.

"Did I win?" I ask.

She grabs my shoulders and spins me round so that she is now on top of me. She has me pinned down so I can't move a muscle. Damn. Let my gaurd down.

"Nope" she replies smiling smugly.

"INTRODUCING!!" Sam suddenly shouts making everyone jump. He dramatically gestures to us with his hands, while in a deep lundge, "THE LESBIANS!!!"

"Woop woop!!" Nat shouts encouragingly and raises her eyebrows at me with a giant grin on her face. I guess this was payback for earlier today. Fine I guess Ill show her. I look back and Valkyrie who hasn't moved from ontop of me and pull her shirt so that her lips find mine. She doesn't seem surprised at all and we move our lips so that we are both deep into the kiss. This kiss wasn't like others, I finally felt like everything made sense.  It seems I was very much... Not straight. And I did like Valkyrie. No fancy. No. It was more than that. Love? In my over 1000 year long life I had never felt something like this. Nevermind everything didn't make sense I was still very much confused as fuck. At least I knew one thing though... Valkyrie was definitely not 'just a friend'.

"OH MY GOD!" Sam and Nat shrieked at the same time.

Scott was frozen but there was a clear smile on his face which was mixed with surprise. He dropped the taco he was holding. Tragic. Peter looked the same, shocked and excited. Clint was clapping with a look that said 'I knew it'. Bucky was the only one who seemed completely uninterested. He was still holding a handful of knives with a look that said 'not this shit again.'

After only around 15 second we broke the kiss and got up. Nat ran up to me.

"I KNEW IT! I knew it I knew it I knew it!!! So are you guys dating?"

"No" I said flatly wishing that we were.

"Engaged??!!"

"NAT."

"WHAT?! You totally could be."

"Oh my god Nat."

"Ok then what are you?" she crossed her arms and tapped her foot.

"We're.... Friends wiiiiiiith..... Benefits?" I look at Valkyrie and she shrugs and smiles.

"Friends with benefits." she repeats.

"No wait that sounds kinda weird... OK fine! Friends with benefits. Nice. Cool."

After lecturing Nat I got back to training feeling a little weird, but happy nonetheless.

𝐅𝐋𝐔𝐅𝐅 𝐅𝐋𝐔𝐅𝐅 𝐅𝐋𝐔𝐅𝐅!!! 𝐀𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐬𝐦𝐮𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐨𝐨𝐨 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐡. 𝐈𝐦 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟.