CHAPTER -1

Eun-mi's pov:

My ten years of life with my grandma as a commoner in Jeon's kingdom was much better than this Royal life in Kim's with my parents. 

To add to my misery my parents have agreed to the marriage proposal by the king of Kim's kingdom to his son Kim Taehyung. 

Getting arranged to marry the future king and to hold the power of being queen should feel good right. This is the typical dream of every single woman,' To marry the man who holds the power'

But why does my world seem to crumble? 

Well, I know the reason. 

It's because I know I would never be loved in this loveless arranged marriage. 

Why would that even matter now? I have lived my entire life without the love of my parents. 

My parents never wanted a daughter and here I am, being a useless creature. They couldn't even bear to see me so they decided to give me up to my grandma. Which turned out to be good for me. I lived with my grandmother on my mother's side for 10 years in Jeon's kingdom. The best days of my life. But I don't know what made my parents take me back. I happened to get trapped in this hell once again. 

My parents made sure to tell me how useless I am every single second. They finally found a way to gain something from my presence and agreed to get me married to the king's son Kim Taehyung, Who is hopelessly in love with my best friend Len-ah. 

I have no say in this marriage. I hoped for Taehyung to disagree with the marriage but to my surprise, he didn't. 

With both the families agreeing to the marriage, the preparations for marriage was started. And I don't have a single idea about what was going on between Taehyung and my friend Len-ah. 

Len-ah treated me like usual and behaved like nothing was going on against her will. Whenever I asked Len-ah how she feels about this marriage arrangement between Taehyung and me, she dodges the question. 

On the other hand, Taehyung never spared me a glance during the family gatherings. I thought there was no hope between us until Taehyung held my hand and looked at my eyes lovingly on our first night. 

I thought maybe he and Len-ah decided to go by our parents' decision and broke up. I thought maybe there's a little possibility that I will be loved by my husband. 

But all my hope got shattered when I felt a prick on my pointing finger. I hissed at the pain and looked at Taehyung who held a sharp object in his hand with which he pricked me. 

Few drops of blood oozed out and I stood there confused about what he was doing. All my questions were answered when he dragged me towards the bed and forced my blood to drop on the sheets. 

The eyes that faked love in a marriage ceremony in front of the king and the kingdom's people now hold hatred. He grabbed my shoulders tightly and gritted out, "I will make myself clear. Never try to approach me. I would never love you nor would accept you as my wife. It's always Len-ah. Get that in your thick head. Now make yourself a story to tell your Court lady about our lovely night" With that said he jerked me away from him and marched out of my chamber.

---------------

Days have passed, Taehyung now and then comes towards my chamber and asks the guards outside my chamber to leave, to give us privacy. Well, that's what he says and when the guards leave he does too. 

On dismissing the guards Taehyung takes his Lover and roams around the palace freely. I now and then spot Taehyung and Len-ah having their moment in the garden, looking all happy and in love. I wouldn't say it didn't hurt. But still, I do know this is how my life was gonna be since the beginning. So it wasn't a surprise.