CHAPTER-11

TripleM's pov: 

Being the only heir of Jeon's kingdom, my father had always used to tell me to enjoy my life to its fullest before becoming the king. 

"Once you become the king you have so much to take care of. Our kingdom and its welfare will be your responsibility. But I don't want you to ruin your childhood because of that baggage. I will take care of the kingdom until you take over, make sure to enjoy your childhood son" That's what my father used to tell me.

But how can I enjoy my childhood when people won't treat me the same as other kids? I liked pulling pranks on people. But when they come to know that it was me who pulled the prank, they are suddenly ok with it. That was not fair. I wanted the thrill of being caught and getting punished.

So I started to dress up like a commoner and started pulling pranks. It was so fun to run away while people were chasing me. I played with other kids in muds and roads. Just the way my father said, I was enjoying my life.

--------------------------

One day I saw a girl of my age sitting on a stone bench in the corner of the road with an apple in her hand. As I neared her, my heart started to thump like crazy. I felt like she was the purpose of my life and I have been waiting to meet her all my life. I felt like I knew her for eternity. 

Pushing out that odd feeling, I decided to pull a prank on her. I sneaked behind her carefully and grabbed the apple she was holding in her hand unexpectedly and started running. I thought she would chase or shout at me. But she did neither. 

I stopped running and turned to see her sitting in the same place, calm and composed. When my eyes met hers, she smiled at me, making my heart flutter. 

Well, I did not expect that. I did not expect her smile to have this effect on me. And I did not expect her to smile at someone who stole from her. What's with this girl? I questioned myself and walked towards her. 

"It's your Apple that I'm holding," I told her just in case she hadn't noticed me taking the apple away from her. 

She just smiled nodding her head to me. 

"Don't you want it back?" I questioned her, confused by her unusual behaviour.

This time she just shook her head no. Is she mute or something? I thought to myself and asked her delicately, "Why?... don't you like apples?"

"I do like apples, But you can have it," she said, finally opening her mouth. So she isn't mute.

"Why don't you want it back then?... I kind of forcibly took it from you… Aren't you mad?" I shot her with all kinds of questions I could come with.

"You want it more than me. So you can have it" she said with a gentle smile. 

What does that even mean? I thought and scratched my head in confusion. 

I couldn't comprehend what she was saying. So I asked her, "What do you mean?" 

"I'm not Hungry. But you are. So you can have it... My grandma used to tell me that the food we eat when we aren't hungry belongs to someone else" she proudly states.

I decided to tease her for it and started laughing at her while she looked at me confused. 

"Your grandma lied to you. She doesn't want you to eat a lot. So she made that shit up", I said and continued to laugh at her mocking her. 

I thought at least now she will get mad at me and shout at me. But she remained calm and gestured to me to eat the apple. 

I took a bite and continued to tease her saying, "You know you are an idiot to believe her"