CHAPTER -20

Taehyung's pov:

I panicked upon seeing Eun-mi faint on my arms. And her burning fever added to my worry for her. I carried her to Jeon's palace infirmary as quickly as possible. They took her and did all sorts of things to get her fever down and gave her trips and vitamins necessary for her vitals. 

Later the physician told us that she is stable now but it is important for her to eat food for the welfare of her and the baby. My father sent a man asking me to get back to Kim's kingdom. 

But I had no heart to leave Eun-mi here in this condition. And it is not safe for her to be here without a king. So I asked Mrs.Jeon to take Eun-mi along with me. To my surprise, she agreed with me. She insisted on coming along with us to take care of Eun-mi and I agreed. 

Eun-mi was still unconscious. We took her to the Kims in the cart. We laid her on the bed of her old chamber when she stayed here. She slept the whole night and half of the next day. Sometimes calling for Jungkook in her dreams.

When she opened her eyes, she looked around the room with disappointment. When she looked at Mrs. Jeon, she smiled and asked expectedly, "Where is Jungkook? when will he come back?". Almost ready to get out of her bed. 

But she stopped her movement when Mrs.Jeon started shouting at her.

"Can you just stop it? He is dead, Eun-mi. You have to accept it no matter what... I have lost my son too. I have lost my husband before. But I stayed strong for Jungkook and now it's time to stay strong for your baby. Stop behaving like a madwoman and try to move on. That is how life goes on" 

With that said, Mrs.Jeon barged out of Eun-mi's chamber crying. 

Eun-mi gave a big sigh and laid back on the bed as nothing happened. I went towards her and asked her to eat. I told her how bad it is for her baby if she keeps on not eating. But she turned deaf ear to all my requests. I tried feeding her but she didn't budge. 

My father sent a guard to call me for some official matter that I had to leave Eun-mi alone. I asked the servants to take care of her and left. 

It was midnight when the work was done and I got back to Eun-mi's chamber. But to my surprise, the chamber was empty. I asked the servants about Eun-mi and they said that she dismissed them wanting to be alone. 

The guards outside her chamber said Eun-mi wanted to go for a walk and they let her. I searched for her in the entire palace but couldn't find her. I ordered a few guards to search her around the kingdom but we couldn't get to know where she was. 

That's when it hit me. I went in search of her where I thought she would be. I rode my horse to Jeon's kingdom. As I ran into the graveyard, I found her silhouette laying on top of Jungkook's cemetery. 

It was like she was laying on top of him. I couldn't hold my tears anymore. I cried looking at her. Why God, why you have to take the one she loves. Can't you see how much they love each other? Why did you have to be so heartless?

I know it's not my time to completely break down. I lifted myself to my feet and walked towards her. She was sleeping. I touched her hand to see that it was freezing cold. I lifted her in bridal style and nudged my face into her face and neck trying to give her some warmth. I hugged her closer to me as much as I could. I was once a fool to leave a gem like her. Now it's my turn to protect her. I won't let her go from me anytime soon. I will make sure that she is ok and help her to get back to her form. With that dedication, I took her back to Kim's.

Now I gotta do something to make her eat. It was the next morning. I went in with food to make her eat. She didn't even glance at me. She treated me like air. I came out of her chamber helpless. what could I even do to make her eat? As I was thinking, Eun-mi's mother came towards Eun-mi's chamber. I heard everything Eun-mi's mother spoke to her on the day of our dinner in Jeon's kingdom.