CHAPTER -6

Meanwhile, at the party after Eun-mi overheard Taehyung's and Len-ah's conversation.

Eun-mi's pov:

As I went back to the party hall, I straight away walked towards the alcoholic beverages. I occupied a stool nearby and grabbed a glass of god knows what alcohol.

I wanted to calm myself. I know alcohol is not a great way for it. But anything that makes me forget about the recent events is ok with me.

On another thought, this isn't the time for me to forget what they did to me. I should think of a way to get back at them. I should make them taste their own medicine. I don't have much time. The rumours of me being infertile are spreading like wildfire. I should do something before the king gets to announce me unfit to be the queen.

I can go and tell everything to the king. But as Taehyung said to Len-ah, the king will only ask us to suck it up and continue to live to accept each other. Obviously, Len-ah will become Taehyung's mistress.

Though this will safeguard my rank in the palace, no one in the kingdom will know about Taehyung and Len-ah's wickedness. And they will get to live their life happily even though she can't be his wife. And I will be in the same position as now or worse, that I had to accept Taehyung because of the king.

How can I even live with someone who hates me for no particular reason? How can I accept him after knowing what he had planned on doing to me pretending to help me?

With all those thoughts surrounding my mind, I felt a drop of water running down my cheeks and landing on the alcoholic beverage I have been holding in my hand. Great, now I am crying.

Before anyone could see my crying figure, I wiped the tear off my face. But it seems like they want to test my patience too. They wouldn't stop flowing out.

I don't want to grab anyone's attention in the party hall. So I tried my best to put on my brave facade, wiping off the tears.

In a few seconds, I sensed someone standing by my side. I thought they were here to get some alcohol. But I heard a manly voice asking me with concern, "Are you alright, miss?"

I don't know what took over me. As I heard him asking, I immediately responded without looking at him what I thought with my eyes still fixed on the glass which is empty now.

"I have never been alright my entire life, mister", I said with a sad chuckle. Maybe alcohol is taking control over me. I should get back to my chamber, I thought.

But before I could even stand up from the stool. That person said, "Tell me what is bothering you. I might help you"

His words reminded me of Taehyung's words and anger seeped through me.

I scoffed and looked at that person finally to realise that he was the one whom I caught staring at me sometimes before I followed Taehyung out.

I glared right through his eyes and asked with my eyebrows raised, "And what do you want in return?"

He seemed to be taken aback by my question.

I guess he felt insulted.

"What do you mean by what I want in return miss?"He asked me, folding his arms over his chest showing his mighty biceps trying to intimidate me.

But he doesn't know that I am not afraid of open wrath. The fake concern is what scares me.

So I courageously retorted, "When someone says that they are going to help you, it's either they want something in return or that they are lying to you. Learned from my experience. You can't say otherwise"