CHAPTER-21

Eun-mi's pov:

I decided to live for my child. I feel like a worse mother who neglected my own children as my mother said. I am not single anymore to make decisions rashly. I have a soul to take care of inside me. Even though I cannot afford to live without Jungkook, I should learn to bear the pain and live for my child. 

With that determination, I started eating properly.  I did all it takes to make myself healthier for the baby. But I never left my chamber. I never communicated with anyone. 

Mrs.Jeon and Taehyung used to come and spend time with me. Mrs.Jeon always made sure I was ok. She massages my foot every now and then when it looks swollen. She fills the void my birth mother created. 

Taehyung sits and talks about his day. I never replied to him. But he didn't give up. After a few days, he started bringing books and reading stories louder for me to hear. Even though I pretend not to care, he knew that I was listening all along.

One day someone opened my chambers door slightly and let a dog inside and shut the door promptly. I went to the door and tried to open it, to let the dog out. But it was locked. 

I know who would have done this and what motive they have behind this. So I ignored the curious look of the dog and went to my bed. 

The dog followed each and every movement I made. It started jumping around me to get the attention he had been seeking for. I tried my best to not give in to the dog. But I couldn't bear to see its sad eyes after I completely ignored its presence. 

So I started petting him. The dog instantly started jumping in happiness. And I didn't realize that I started talking to him. 

So now it has become my habit to spend some time with the dog named Yeontan and talk about what's going on in my mind. Mostly they are all about Jungkook. 

And my doubt was right. It was Taehyung who let Yeontan inside my cabin that day to make me open my mouth and speak. He kind of used my advice to him on me. And it worked. My life is getting normal day by day but I can never stop thinking about Jungkook. He was there in my mind every time. 

------------------

A month has gone by. Now I am at the end of my 8th month of pregnancy. Like every other day, Taehyung was sitting on a chair in my chamber and reading a book. 

And I sat on my bed resting my head on the headrest, listening to him. Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my lower abdomen. I thought it would go away after some time like usual. Since I have been getting these random cramps for the past 10 days. 

But it started getting worse. I can't bear the pain anymore. I started whimpering in pain and Taehyung noticed it. "Eun-mi', Are you alright? Are you in pain?", He asked me in concern. 

I nodded my head to him and said, "Taehyung, I think it's time"

But he still stood there confused and asked, "But you still have a month for the due date"

Why does he have to clear his doubts now? 

"It might happen sometimes. Ahh…. Call someone Taehyung. I can't bear the pain", I tried to explain to him but I couldn't tolerate the pain anymore so I shouted at him to get someone for help. 

That's when he realized what he was doing. He nodded his head and ran outside shouting 'physician' 'physician' 'Eun-mi' 'baby' 'help' and a few other random words. 

Even I could form a sentence with all the pain and here he is shouting broken words that no one can understand. 

The first one to come in was Mrs. Jeon. She held my hand and said the physician was on her way. A physician came in and asked for a few necessary items before heading to her position which is between my legs.