1

The night was young, a gentle breeze seemed to carry you with it, your eyes like starlight glowed dimly in the night. You lazily glanced around, not a person in sight. The small mushrooms growing under a nearby tree caught your attention momentarily.

Too young.

You didn't know where or why you were walking, it just felt right.

Something tugged at the back of your mind, like a scratch. You couldn't quite put your finger on what it was, in fact you couldn't remember anything.

The realization didn't bother you, it felt familiar somehow.

Without any care in the world, you began walking down a path that felt so familiar yet so unfamiliar at the same time, the numerous mint plants and snapdragons were of no interest.

Eventually, you stumbled upon a large purple flower growing on a cliff. You grinned, like a child. Eagerly you walked towards it, the scratching at the back of your mind seemed to ease up as you wrapped your small fingers around it and gently plucked it.

But something felt off.

A strange sense of panic hit you, a feeling you were sure you'd never felt before. The scratch, that screaming-- something screaming at you, where is it? What is it?

Something is wrong.

Your hands began trembling, goosebumps ran down your spine. Before you knew what was happening, you dropped the flower in your hands. The second it hit the ground, something seemed to crack in your mind.

A wave of emotions hit you, sensations-- feelings you'd never felt before.

Happiness, fear, surprise. Everything at the same time, You had no way to know but the glow in your eyes became so bright that it began drawing attention.

But that desire, to finish your job. Didn't pass, the scratching albeit faint. Still drove you onwards, you bent down and carefully wrapped your hand around the violetgrass, as soon as you touched it something flashed.

You blinked, numerous times. The bright flash came from a small glowing thing in your hands. Curiously, you watched the glowing gem in your hand. Somehow it felt familiar but you had no idea why.

With your other hand you grabbed hold of the violetgrass, the scratch reminding you of your work. As soon as you touched the violetgrass, something warm filled your body. The feeling almost caused you to drop the flower.

In your hands, the violetgrass flourished. As if coming to life again, it began growing much to your awe.

"There!" a voice interrupted your thoughts.

Usually you were able to tune out everything around you, but something drove you to turn around. To see and find out what was happening, you had forgotten what curiosity was.

A small child watched you, as soon as your eyes landed on him. His widened with fear, a scream so loud it made you wince followed as the child turned around and ran.

Curiously, you tilted your head. For the first time in what felt like years, something was stronger than the scratch in the back of your mind. And you did something you had never been able to do before.

Follow your own voice.

*

You quickly lost the boy, you lost track of where you were. Or even how you got there, the small green gem you had stuffed in your pocket. The vibrant violetgrass, safe in your hands.

The night was cold.

A strange hollow sense filled your body, immediately the scratch took hold of your mind again. Attacking your every sense to get you back in control.