13

Your hands rested on your abdomen, the warm blood spilling out of the gaping wound caused you to feel nauseous. You tried to focus on staying awake. But as your surroundings quickly morphed you realized you were already unconscious. 

Laying on the ground in a small puddle of your own blood you looked up to the only person that remained, Zhongli... Morax? Does it matter? You thought bitterly, they're the same person. Your heart sunk at the realization that you had been right all along, but only now when it was right in front of you did you accept it.

The memories of your own death were what all those nightmares had been preparing you for.  For nothing was more horrifying than knowing you were already dead, not only that but experiencing it again. The fact that you were somehow still alive was both confusing and terrifying. 

Shakily you looked down at your hands, even through your blurry vision you could see the strange colors appearing all over your skin. Whether you were hallucinating or not, you didn't know.

Drops of something hit you, something you didn't realize was tears until you looked up. 

Never had you seen the geo archon show so much emotion, he rarely showed emotion at all in fact. But now, tears were streaming down his cheek. And all you could do was watch as you slowly slipped away.

Memories worth hundreds if not thousands of years pooled in your mind, if you had been able to, you would've screamed in agony. In the midst of it, you reached out desperately hoping to grab hold of anything.

With a bright flash you found yourself awake again, your vision, to your surprise, was a bright shade of green. Slowly you looked around, your surroundings were unfamiliar, bright and so... Peaceful.

For a moment you let yourself be absorbed by the beauty of the world around you, wherever you stepped, flowers bloomed. The quiet humming of a soothing song you hadn't heard in eons almost caused you to fall asleep again, but that was when you realized it was just another memory.

The only difference was that you had a surprising amount of control this time, with a shaky hand you flicked your wrist to the side, you had intended to try if you could use your elemental magic but had not expected for it to be so powerful.

With a single wave of your hand, a thorn the size of a full-grown tree flung out of the ground, surrounded by vines, moss, and small flowers quickly blooming all over its hard surface.

A single thought ran through your head, I need to wake up. 

It was easier said than done, even though you were able to control most of your body. A powerful urge drove you onwards, you didn't know what you were looking for until you found it. 

Flowers?

Why was it always flowers?

Your frustration boiled to its maxing point, with a violent impulse you threw your hands forward. But flinched as two gigantic claws hit the ground, a surprised squeal escaped you, it sounded so inhuman that you quickly began backing.

Perhaps you had been too focused on your thoughts to notice until now, but as you suddenly fell backward you realized you had been walking on all four of your limbs. 

Luckily this was definitely enough to startle you awake because the next time you opened your eyes you were laying in a warm bed, with a familiar pain spread all over your body. A pain that assured you, that you were really awake this time.

"You're awake." a familiar voice stated.

With slight confusion, you blinked, before turning towards the window. There in the darkness, you recognized Xiao just casually sitting on the windowsill.