2

When you awoke, you were surprised to find yourself on a comfortable bed, not only that but as you swallowed you realized your throat was uncomfortably dry. And you were tired, exhausted.

As you stood up you felt a wave of nausea hit you, but you just ignored the warnings your body gave you and stumbled towards the door. As soon as you opened it you locked eyes with Zhongli.

He looked up at you with surprise and a small cup in hand.

Almost like an animal, you sniffed loudly, moving your head up and down as you did. Smells nice. You wanted to say but found no energy to do so. Instead, you stumbled around, usually, a scratch in the back of your mind drove you. This time it was the desire for something, you were furiously looking for something. You didn't know what it was.

"What are you--?" Zhongli began but paused as you grabbed hold of a flower vase, he stared in complete disbelief as you removed the flowers and poured the water into your mouth, most of the water spilled on the floor, on you. But the little water that you managed to drink made your eyes widen.

You didn't notice or care when Zhongli quickly stood up and with one quick motion took the empty vase out of your hands, "don't do that." he sighed softly, once again sorrow flashed in his eyes as he put down the vase a fair distance away.

You didn't struggle against his grip and instead eyed the vase, Zhongli led you to the table he was sitting as earlier and motioned for you to sit down, you didn't know why you listened to him. But a few moments after he came out with a small glass of water.

"Here." he reached it out, once again you turned the glass upside down spilling water all over you, this time Zhongli laughed. You shuddered, being soaked was uncomfortable.

You looked at Zhongli and silently observed as he drank his tea, as he placed the cup down on the table. You wasted no time and reached over and grabbed it, you tried to copy his actions and brought the cup to your lips before quickly placing it down again.

The tea was warm, bitter and made your tongue hurt. Your reaction made him laugh again.

"What happened to you--" he paused once again, stopping himself right before saying your name.

"Y/N." he hesitantly tried, the name stung.

"Y/N." you repeated with a silent nod, you knew it was your name.

"Can't remember." was all you said as you looked around the room again, you were still thirsty.

Zhongli didn't say anything more as he stood up and a few moments later came back with a can of water, he watched silently as you drank the water copying what he had done before. You found it came surprisingly naturally to you, as if you had done it before.

"Can I--" you paused, surprised at the strength of your own voice, "eat?" you questioned. Once again, something you had no previous knowledge of. But you somehow knew you needed a memory locked in your mind.

Zhongli blinked with realization, "forgive me, I completely forgot."

While Zhongli was gone, you looked around and observed the room you were in. He had told you to sit down, and so you didn't dare move. Listening felt good, you realized. Felt natural, as if you had done it before.

A bowl of soup was placed in front of you, completely snapping you out of your thoughts. You stared mindlessly at it, it smelled nice. The smell made your stomach hurt, saliva pooled in your mouth.

A loud knock stopped you just before you began trying to eat.

"Stay here." Zhongli said with a short sigh, he stood up and you watched as he opened the door. A cheerful voice spoke, but you lost interest and turned back to your food.