15

The fact that your room was covered in vines and flowers didn't bother you nearly as much as you had expected it to. It almost felt like you were stepping into a forest when you slowly sat up.

Your body ached, but it was bearable, and to your surprise even seemed to fade as you moved around.

"How am I even alive?" you found yourself mumbling, you looked down to your hand half expecting it to not be there. 

If it's true.. Your thoughts came to an abrupt halt as suddenly your hand was covered in scales. 

"I almost prefer mortals." a voice scoffed snapping you out of your thoughts.

"Almost?" you tilted your head and gave Xiao a half-grin, the yaksha merely sighed quietly in response.

"Before you say anything," Xiao held his hand up to stop you from speaking, you remained silent, "you've been asleep for six days now, and before you ask, Rex- Zhongli is not here currently." 

Your shoulders slumped ever so lightly, six days was hardly an amount of time to scoff at. But you felt yourself not caring, it was an insignificant amount of time. Especially considering your immortality.

"If I may-" Xiao paused, hesitating ever so slightly, "what- who are you?" 

You gave a pained smile before answering, "I suppose I'm an Adeptus," you shrugged lightly. "As for who I am," you paused smiling, "I'm still Y/N."

"And your true form was-" once again the yaksha paused, his confusion visibly growing. 

"A dragon?" you finished for him with a small smirk on your face.

"Although truth be told, some memories are still a bit blurry," you admitted with a shaky sigh, "I don't really know where I came from," you added quietly.

Xiao didn't reply and instead silently shook his head, "can you get rid of this?" he motioned towards the room. To be specific, the various flora. 

You gave a sheepish grin, while you had momentarily doubted if you could do it. A few seconds later the flowers and vines began retracting back into the walls. That, sadly, did not do anything for the massive holes and cracks left behind. 

"That's going to cost," Xiao merely stated with a raise of his eyebrows.

With a silent chuckle, you answered, "good thing we have a fatui wallet."

Unfortunately, the yaksha did not seem to get the joke, because he merely stared at you in response. 

"Where are you going?" Xiao quickly asked as you stood up, you furrowed your eyebrows at him.

"Out?" to find Morax. You refrained from adding the last part. 

Xiao didn't reply and you took it as your que to leave, however, you didn't expect him to silently follow you. At first, you didn't say anything and instead focused on leaving the building, you did not want to have to explain to anyone what happened to your room. 

"Well, if you're gonna come with me, at least help me." you sighed, abruptly turning towards Xiao. 

"Please tell me where Morax is." 

"He prefers to go by Zhongli."

"Alright, where is Zhongli?" 

Xiao merely grumbled something about dragons, you raised your eyebrows and patiently waited with a slightly annoyed look on your face.

"I can't tell you." Xiao huffed out after a few moments.

"Why not?" your question came out quieter than intended.