11

"I can't eat anymore," you exclaimed with a heavy sigh as you leaned into your chair, you had barely touched your plate, but you felt as if you were going to explode if you ate another bite.

"You've barely touched your food," Zhongli commented with a quick glance towards the food left.

You gave a dismissive shrug in response, as you were about to stand your legs suddenly gave out. You reached your hands forward just in time to catch yourself by leaning on the table.

Your plate fell to the floor breaking into pieces instantly, a second later you felt warm hands wrap around you, keeping you from falling to the floor.

"I-" you found it difficult to speak as your throat swelled, any second now you felt as if you'd puke.

"Don't speak." Zhongli quickly interrupted, without warning, he trailed his hand down your back and lifted your legs.

"Let me go," you began swallowing a mouthful of saliva, "I'm going to puke," you added, but your voice was so faint you doubted he'd heard you.

You tried to move but seeing how Zhongli refused to let you go and instead started walking, you merely turned your head and stared at him. His jaw was clenched, his expression was hard. Noticing your stare, his eyes met yours, worry clouded his.

"It seems like coming here was a mistake," Zhongli murmured more to himself than to you.

You shut your eyes in an attempt to keep nausea at bay, which to your surprise worked. A few moments later Zhongli put you down on a bed.

"I'll get you some-" Zhongli began.

"Wait," you interrupted, your eyes snapped open and you grabbed hold of his sleeve. "Don't go." you pleaded.

He hesitated momentarily before sitting down at the side of the bed, his eyes refused to meet yours.

"I'm-" you struggled to find the right words, "I'm dying, aren't I?" you whispered with a pained smile. You already knew you were getting weaker by the second, that still didn't keep your stomach from dropping at the thought of death.

"No," Zhongli snapped instantly, "you're not." he shakily exhaled, if you didn't know better you'd say he looked infuriated.

"I think I've finally figured out who you are."

Zhongli's eyes snapped to yours, in silent acknowledgment. "Rest Y/N," Zhongli hummed, with a surprisingly soft tone. He reached out and placed a hand on your forehead.

You couldn't help but smile as he ran a hand through your hair, you wanted to say his name, his true name. But doubts and fear stopped you.

You don't know when exactly, but at some point, you fell asleep evident by the fact when you opened your eyes again the room was visibly much darker.

Just as you were about to try and stand up, you felt a weight on the blanket. Your eyes trailed down and even though it was a bit darker you could see Zhongli resting his head and arms on the bed, fast asleep.

Your heart fluttered in your chest, how long had he been here? Just waiting for you to wake up? A small smile grew on your face, slowly you reached forward and hesitantly touched his hair. It was surprisingly soft.

Suddenly his eyes opened, instantly you took your hand back.

"Don't-" Zhongli paused, his voice so soft it made you want to melt. He sounded so calm, "Don't stop." he said through a tired sigh.

Humming ever so softly, you twirled some of his hair with your fingers. Zhongli visibly relaxed.

"Thank you for staying with me." you softly thanked, while he didn't reply you could see him slightly nod his head.