8

While Xiao hated being in crowds or people in general, he had swallowed his dismay for mortals and let his curiosity get the better of him. Zhongli had been surprised, but hadn't shun Xiao away when he showed up at his door.

"She'll wake up soon." Xiao had merely said as he watched you sleep, he didn't need to say you were sick. Zhongli already knew.

"Here." Zhongli reached out a small cup of hot tea, Xiao scrunched his nose up in disgust at the smell but knew that it would lessen his eternal pain, albeit for a moment.

Neither of them knew that you had just woken up, or that you were feeling incredibly confused at Xiao being here. Especially considering you remembered him trying to kill you.

"Do mortals enjoy wasting time by laying around?" Xiao scoffed, you opened your eyes knowing fully well he knew you were awake.

You stared at him with a cold expression, he returned the gesture and narrowed his eyes at you.

"Don't get up," Zhongli quickly said as you tried to sit up, "you're still very weak." he added after you gave him a questioning look.

"I feel fine." you argued, Xiao scoffed and muttered something about you being stubborn.

"Didn't you try to kill me?" you began, cocking an eyebrow at Xiao. "Why are you here?" you questioned, Zhongli placed a hand to your forehead and frowned.

"I had my reasons." Xiao answered with a scoff, but his guilt filled eyes betrayed him.

You turned towards Zhongli hoping to get some more answers but as your eyes met his something hit you. Instantly the memories of your dream came back to you, you laid motionless for a few seconds.

"I'll take my leave then." Xiao grumbled, he gave you one last hard glare before turning around. You noted how he respectfully bowed his head towards Zhongli before disappearing in a flash of green sparks.

Even though you knew Zhongli was there, you looked down at your bare hand. And as if to confirm, you watched as small green sparks appeared, your vision was nowhere in reach or sight for that matter.

Your thoughts were interrupted when Zhongli's hand grasped yours, while usually comfortably warm. It was almost burning, you flinched at the sensation and stared at your hand in confusion.

"Please take these."

You looked at Zhongli who held out what looked to be a small green pill of some sort, you hesitantly swallowed it and shivered at the disgusting taste, the effect was immediate. It left a trail of warmth in your throat.

"Do you know what's happening to me?" you suddenly asked, your voice quivered slightly as you stared at Zhongli.

"I do." he merely answered.

"Can you-- tell me?"

His silence was enough of an answer, you didn't hate him for it. After all, you yourself had served Rex lapis and breaking a contract would be like tainting his blood.

"I've had strange dreams," you began, "I think they're memories." you scanned his face for a reaction.

You hesitated saying the next part, would he believe you? Laugh when you stated you knew Rex lapis?

"I--" you swallowed nervously.

"It's alright Y/N," Zhongli interrupted. He sat down on a chair next to your bed before continuing, "you don't have to--"

"I want to." you interrupted.

You bit the inside of your cheek before taking a deep breath, "I knew Rex lapis." you began, your eyes were fixated on him expecting the wildest of reactions. Instead he remained surprisingly calm, suspiciously so.