Chapter 16

Cheers and clapping were heard from every direction as Ni-ki and Sunoo, hand in hand were cutting the first slice of cake.

The cake was very large, 3 layers to be exact, probably enough to feed like 100 people or so...

Lights were seen from all angles as people were taking many photos of the current moment, some from family, some by other close relatives and some used as blackmail by friends.

But at that moment Sunoo's future flashed before his eyes followed by tears threatening to fall.

This is it.... This is the moment.

But not all stories end happily.... But not all have to end sad...

Soon gunshots were heard near by as the spread of panic flashed on every bodies eyes as they started screaming and finding places to hide. But not Sunoo.....

This moment was dreaded to happen and Sunoo knew the reason why.

"Sunoo baby you have to hide" Ni-ki pleaded trying to drag Sunoo somewhere.

"It's my fault.... Isn't it??" Sunoo mumbled loud enough for Ni-ki to hear.

"Of course not. He is after you for money and.... Revenge...." Ni-ki told him looking down.

"Revenge?" Sunoo questioned looking up at Ni-ki with a questionable look on his face.

"Revenge for weakening me" Ni-ki said with a sad look on his face.

"What do you mean by weakening you!?Ni-ki is there something you aren't  telling me!?" Sunoo asked as Ni-ki looked at him, words threatening not to come out his mouth.

Ni-ki has not yet told Sunoo about his family, not that his family comes from gangs and mafias. He didn't want to scare Sunoo, but knowing this he was afraid he'd leave him because he was dangerous.

"I- I- I didn't know how to tell you..." Ni-ki stopped as he picked up Sunoo and hid him somewhere in the venue, which was a big church like mansion which had a lot of rooms.

"Ni-ki. Explain yourself, why is your father after me!? What do you mean by weakening you!?" Sunoo asked desperately trying to get an answer out of Ni-ki.

Ni-ki was sweating. Not only from the intense pressure Sunoo was putting him under. But the fact that his father is probably in the building at this moment looking for Sunoo.

"Alley way.... Before the dinner...." Ni-ki stopped mid way between each sentence as he was now shaking and silent because Sunoo was trying to process everything.

"THAT WAS YOU!?" He almost yelled while he staring at Ni-ki and slowly Ni-ki began to nod as Sunoo looked at him in disbelief.

"T-that means your family I-is..."

"Yes baby, we are mafias.... Please don't be afraid"

"And I thought your father was psycho.... Why didn't you tell me!?" Sunoo said sternly as he looked at Ni-ki, wanting his answers.

"I- I was scared.... Scared you would leave me if you knew the truth.... Scared you wouldn't accept me for who I was because of the family I come from.... But please I'm trying to change, I don't kill for the negative effect or for personal reasons or satisfaction. I'm not like my father just please.... Don't leave me...." Ni-ki plead as he told Sunoo his sudden confession.

"You've been through a lot... haven't you Ni-ki" Sunoo asked while putting both hands on Ni-ki's shoulders as Ni-ki looked up at him.

Words didn't come out his mouth just silent nods as Sunoo pulled him in for a hug.

"I won't judge you Ni-ki. Not from your looks, not from the family you come from, not even from your problems. You can just tell me, I won't hate you. Besides I love you for being you and your personality, not because of the things you go through because that way I can help you go through it.... Together" Sunoo then placed a soft kiss on Ni-ki's lips reassuring that he won't leave him which made Ni-ki's eyes light up.

"This is why I love you Sunoo" Ni-ki said as they pulled away but quickly connected their lips together, totally forgetting the situation their in until they heard gunshots from downstairs and a bunch of screams.

One of the screams, sounding oddly familiar...

"WONNIE!!" Sunoo screamed and dashed out the room.

"SUNOO DONT-"

Too late Sunoo ran out of the room they were in and ran towards where his best friend was.

When he reached the destination where the scream came from he saw his best friend Jungwon while a wound in his leg where the bullet had hit.

Sunoo looked around and saw no one other than Jungwon in sight as he ran up to Jungwon and shook him.

"Wonnie!? You ok!? Say something please"
Sunoo plead while on the verge of tears running down his face. He can't lose his best friend. He was always there for him, he can't loose him, especially now.

That's when he felt someone grab his hand.

"S-sunoo.... S-Sunshine.... G-Get out of h-here, he's back for y-you" Jungwon let out trying to get Sunoo to leave before Mr.Nishimura returns.

"Wonnie I can't leave you here! You'll die!!"

"H-He found me and shot me to lead you out of your h-hiding spot knowing I'm your best f-friend so p-please find Ni-ki and h-hide" Jungwon weakly said as Sunoo looked at him worriedly "it's only a s-shot on the leg and o-on the back, I'll manage" Jungwon said as Sunoo got up and walked towards the screams and gunshots.

"SUNOO ARE YOU CRAZY!?" Ni-ki grabbed Sunoo's arm and turned him around.

"That's my father your walking into... do you wanna die!?" Ni-ki raised his voice as Sunoo looked at him in shock.

That's when more gunshots were heard down the hallway followed by a bunch of screams.

"Ni-ki....MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS ARE IN DANGER BECAUSE OF ME ... LOOK AT WONNIE!! YOUR FATHER IS PROBABLY AFTER MY FAMILY BECAUSE ITS THE ONLY WAY OF LURING ME OUT." Sunoo yelled over the screams and gunshots coming from the hallway. "CAN'T YOU SEE!? HE'S GONNA KILL THEM ALL ONE BY ONE AND WATCH ME SUFFER!!"

Sunoo was on the floor sobbing while looking at Jungwons body.

He was too weak to say anything due to the wounds he has but he was still alive.

"BECAUSE I CAN'T AFFORD LOOSING YOU" Ni-ki suddenly yelled as tears streamed down his face. "Y-your the only one I have left"

Ni-ki broke down in tears as his mother flashed through his mind as Sunoo looked at Ni-ki in shock.

"I-I'm so sorry Ni-ki, I'm such a terrible husband, I-I should've thought about your feelings too... I'm so sorry" Sunoo looked down guilty.

"Your the best husband I could ever ask for, and I'm sorry for raising my voice at you" Ni-ki apologized and pulled Sunoo into a hug.

"Well isn't it my main target" a voice in the back spoke as a creepy laugh was then heard....

"This time it's goodbye"

(Extra credits to my cat for watching me write and edit this chapter 😊😌 she says meow btw)