Chapter 21

While in the ambulance all that was heard was the sirens blaring into their ears as Sunoo could only hear the faint sound of it. He was still trying to stay in his senses.

On the other hand Ni-ki was super worried, worried about Sunoo, worried about himself, worried on how his life is going to take a huge turn from this moment on.

All these thoughts clogged his mind and before he knew it he closed his eyes due to it being late but also because we wanted rest and get his mind off of everything.

Whilst this happened Sunoo was half conscious this whole way through. He was tired and all but he wanted to make sure he doesn't closed his eyes just yet. Not sure if he'll ever open them again because of the condition he's in. Not until they reach the hospital. He won't just yet. He stayed strong.

In the meantime all his friends were in the hospital either getting surgery,recovering or comforting each other but some were worried, sad and devastated.

Soon enough everyone arrived in the hospital as Sunoo was quickly put in the emergency room alongside Ni-ki who was in the neighbouring room both doing surgery to get the bullets removed and to bandage up wounded injury's.

That's when Sunoo closed his eyes completely. Letting his stress and everything fade away as he rests on the hospital bed as the doctors did the surgery.

Everything was going fine until his breathing became unsteady again which means something triggered his asthma again. Quickly the doctors grabbed some kind of medicine and gave him an inhaler which luckily returned Sunoo's breathing back to normal as they continued with the surgery.

On they other hand Ni-ki was getting a surgery as well to remove the bullets but when he closed his eyes, his vision was not black. Instead he saw a familiar figure in front of him as he looked closely.

"M-mom?? Eomma?? Is that you??"

And as crazy as it sounds. Ni-ki was actually able to contact his mom's spirit while he was getting his surgery done.

"My baby boy. You've grown so much"

"I missed you so much and I kept my promise" Ni-ki started sobbing as he didn't know he was slowly letting down tears while doctors were still operating on him.

"Eomma loves you very much and I miss you"

"I miss you too mom"

And that's when Ni-ki's mother disappeared as Ni-ki opened his eyes.  The operation was over and how he was in one of the hospitals rooms recovering from the surgery.

It was a successful surgery as they removed both bullets from the leg and hip as Ni-ki was now wrapped up in bandages as he lays on the hospital bed.

That's when a nurse entered his room with a warm smile on her face and carried in a tray of food and orange juice on it while serving it to Ni-ki.

"Good morning Riki. I have some food for you. Please eat up. I heard you didn't eat at all yesterday" The nurse spoke and handing him the food tray.

"W-Where's Sunoo?" Ni-ki asked as the nurse opened the blinds revealing the bright Sunshine.

"He's recovering in the room not too far from yours. His surgery went well as well and he's doing fine. He needed a blood donation because he lost more than over half of his blood. But your friend Heeseung was willing to donate because he shared the same blood type as him. So he's recovering now, so there's nothing to worry about." The nurse explained which made Ni-ki sigh in relief.

He had nothing to worry about any more.

"C-can I visit him??" 

"Once you recovered a little more. Then you can go, besides you and him need to rest some more" the nurse smiled and signalled Ni-ki to relax a little more and he did.

"Eat the food and take some rest. I'll come back to check on you later. If anything needed please press the button on your hospital bed and it should send someone down to assist you ok? Rest well Riki" the nurse smiled and and left the room.

"What a nice nurse" Ni-ki said to himself as he ate the food and laid down and soon enough passed out. He's was exhausted.

"Ni-ki" a voice said.

"Ni-ki wake up"

"Jake??"

"I-It's Sunoo. He needs you" Jake said as his voice started trembling.

"Is he ok!? Tell me what happened!?"

"H-he's dying. And you need to see him"

With out thinking twice. Ni-ki jumped up and out of his hospital bed. Yes his legs were still sore and weak from the earlier event but the nurse gave him crutches and Jake helped him get to Sunoo's room.

"SUNOO" Ni-ki busted through the door to see his lover lying on the hospital bed looking pale as ever.

"Sunoo?? Baby can you hear me??"

No response.

"Please d-don't leave me yet" Ni-ki said while grabbing both Sunoo's hands and placing them on his chest.

"I- I can't loose you"

It's true. Besides Ni-ki's cousin Ta-ki he doesn't have any close family left. Sunoo is the only person he can ever love more than a family member, and seeing him in that state broke his heart.

That's when Ni-ki's heart shattered.

He's gone
He thought to himself as he held Sunoo's hand and bent down to give him one last kiss before fully saying goodbye.

One hand holding Sunoo's as he bent down to give his lover a last kiss with tears streaming down his face and with a heavy heart he gave Sunoo a kiss on the lips.

But that's when something...... unusual happened.

He felt that someone returned his kiss....

As he felt a grip tighten around his hand followed by another hand coming around his head pushing him closer. That's when Ni-ki finally decided to open his eyes and saw the face of his lover staring back at him

"Did I get ya??"