6. Cafè Latte || jhs

She stared at her caffè latte that had a light brown heart made over the white creamy froth. Slowly the two curves of the shape started floating away to two opposite sides of the cup, forming a widening gap, a crack in the heart.

She closed her eyes to be confronted with the demons in her head, screaming to her, telling her who she was incapable of being loved. How she could never be enough, she would always lose what she loved, she was stupid and pathetic who trusted people, treated them better, only to be abandoned at the end.
Warm stream of tears filled her eyes, making her eyelashes wet, drops rolling down her cheek.

She pressed her palms over her face to hide her recklessness of breaking down in a public place like that. Probably countless people are staring at her, laughing at her pathetic being.
For a moment she thought if she should dash out of the cafe, but then, that would only lead to catching more attention of strangers.

" Stop it. Stop it already. How much more you want to embarrass yourself !" She mumbled to herself, only making her heart ache, her tears flow more and filled her with more disgust of how she was even incapable of having control over her own body.

Even though her eyes were shut tightly, hands pressed over them, she sensed the presence of some person near her table and her body stiffened. Extreme self-consciousness flooding her senses, she tried to mop off the tears from her face.

" Hi. Is this seat taken ? " A very enthusiastic voice asked so.

She was still not looking, trying to hide her tears, she furiously nodded. Even though that seat didn't belong to anyone, the last thing she wanted was company.

" Umm... The café is nearly full. I won't take long, just for few minutes until I get my takeaway order. Can I, please ? "

She was not willing to, but these was something in his voice, his aura, that she couldn't say no.

" Okay. " you permitted.

He pulled out the chair on the other side of the table and after keeping his side bag and phone on the table, he settled himself on it.

By that time she has opened her eyes, but showed no interest in looking at the stranger who claimed that seat.
She kept staring at her latte when the barista came by the table and asked him for the order, meanwhile she waited for him to soon send her off saying that he has already ordered his takeaway.

" I'll have what she is having. " He said while pointing at the cup in between her hands.

To which she snapped her head, shooting an obnoxious look at him. He just smiled and looked at the barista again. She noted down the order and left.

" Did you just said that you... "
She started barging him with the obvious question but he cut her in the middle,

" Yes. But that thing smells so wonderful. I wanted to try it. " He mentioned with a warm smile.

Even though she was halfway sure that nothing such was the case, he was probably having something else running in his head but she lacked the will or energy to get into an argument so she just sighed.

" I'm sorry but did I offend you in any way ? "
He asked politely, in a voice so warm and sincere that she rather gave in to a small smile.

" No, no. It's fine. " She spoke softly, repenting if her mind was playing this games with her again, where she would first trust anyone and everyone, later to be heartbroken and then being paranoid of ever living being.

As she felt a bit otherwise, if not better than what she was feeling a minute ago, crying her eyes out, she finally laid her eyes on the man sitting in front of her.