9. Bunny Smile || jjk

_____________________

JK : i wish you were here... :(

Miley : You are gonna be
fine darling. I have heard all
good things about
the new recruit.

JK : i really don't know!!! m'
not feeling cool about this.

Miley : you just miss me.

JK : i wish I could say no.
but I really do miss you </3

Miley : </3 ? What's that
supposed to mean ?

JK : thatz a broken heart...
grandma!!!

Miley : You are such a GenZ kid.
Anyway, I'll need to go. Just remember, new people
don't bite. You are gonna be
just fine.

JK : yup

Jungkook locked his phone and tossed it off on the table. He indeed was not having a good feeling about it. Things were so much easier with Miley, he was just not ready for this change. Miley and Jungkook had been together since 5 years. She has literally seen him been through everything. Starting from his shy boy era to his emo transformation, she was always there. She gave him all the space and liberty, yet, whenever he needed a piece of advice, she was always there.
Similarly, he had seen it all. Starting from taking extra shifts to support her family to being the best in her field, Jungkook had witnessed Miley's growth as well.
Not just that, he has seen her fall in love, getting married and then, becoming a mother to her gorgeous little son.

After she was discharged from the hospital, Jungkook took a whole evening off to go and visit her. And that's when she broke the bad news to him.

"Jungkook, I want to about talking about something really important and want you to be supportive."

"What is it M ?" Jungkook asked nonchalantly while playing with the newborn.

"Will you just stop playing and look at me for once ?"
The seriousness in her tone was something that instantly bothered Jungkook.

He sat down on the floor and look into her eyes.

"What is it ?"

She looked very hesitant at first, almost nervous. Then she cleared her throat and said,

"I'm resigning."

Those words hit him like thunderbolt. His eyes widened, he clinched his fist and his mouth open slightly.

"Wait, what ? Tell me you are kidding. Tell me that you are messing around me."
He fumbled out.

"I'm not darling. I have dedicated all my effort into the things I ever wanted in my life. I have worked day and night when my career was the only important thing for me but now, I want to give in my all efforts in being a full time mom."
She said calmly, in her sweet honey voice.

"But... But.. how can you just... I mean, yeah, you have your responsibilities towards your child but there are multiple working mothers. Namjoon hyung's stylist also brings her baby at work sometimes. We have all arrangements, M. You need not to quit the job for this.
You want leaves ? I'll talk to the manager. You can take the leave for as many days as you want..."
Jungkook keep talking with a pause.