7. The Genius Lab || myg

"37987"

"37987"

"What ?"
Even though she heard the numbers clearly, she asked the question as she was unaware what it was for.

"The passcode" , his eyes were still glued to the monitor.

"I don't understand. What is it for ?" she asked again, while putting down the tall black coffee on the desk nearby.

After that, he turned towards her. His lips pressed into a thin line, almost irritated but not letting it show on his face.

"The passcode of the door lock."

"But... Why are you..." she tried to attempt to question, almost shocked to her core.
But he continued,

"Everytime, I either need to go up to the door and unlock it when you come in the morning or I need to keep it open beforehand so that I don't get disturbed midway. So from tomorrow, unlock it yourself to come inside."

Well, that was the longest conversations she ever had with him and that answers it all. That's a valid reason, but somehow, somewhere deep down, she felt a bit hurt.
Unaware why that was even a matter, she couldn't even tell what she was hoping.

" Is it safe for you to tell me that ?" she asked while pressing the wooden tray over her chest.

This time he looked her in the eyes and that did something to make her stomach crinkle and cheeks flush red. Afterall, even after seven long months of minimal interaction, nothing fades the fact that she was once obsessed with him.

"I don't think you will cause me any harm."
She heard him say that in his baritone and God knows if it was his voice or the trust he showed in her that made her heart so full, almost like it was about to burst.

"O... Okay" was all that she could say and walked out of the room, almost rushed so that she doesn't end up exposing the blush on her cheeks.

Walking out of that building, it took her another minute to reach the cafe and get behind the counter.

She still couldn't believe what just happened a while ago.

She knew the passcode of his studio.

Probably the last time she was this surprised was 7 months ago. The day when Mr. Kang told her that she'll need to deliver a large cups of coffee, twice each day to the man working in the office a block away from the cafe. Which initially seemed irritating. Afterall, who likes extra work? No one. But eventually that turned out to be the most incredible incident of her life.

When she walked inside that building for the first time, she had the coffee cup in her one hand and a small piece of paper in other. In that, Mr. Kang had scribbled the building number and the room number.

She was expecting it to be some corporate office, with countless people dashing in and out in their extremely expensive formal suits but that building was rather, surprisingly empty. She just noticed a security guard, a lift man and a male receptionist on the floor on which that man's office was supposed to be.