0

"Please, not you too."

Your eyes widened, even though it was completely dark you could still see those glowing amber eyes that you had gotten so familiar too.

"I won't." your voice was but a whisper, at the sound of your weak voice he wrapped his arms around you and softly pulled you up.

"I promised." you tried to smile but instead coughed up more blood.

"Please, Y/N." he pleaded.

"Morax--" it felt weird to say his name, but knowing this would most likely be your last chance to, you didn't waste it.

"I won't go." you coughed again as blood poured down your throat, into your lungs. You didn't dare look down, look at the spear that had gone right through your body.

You had never seen a god cry, and had never expected to see it. But here you were, dying in your god's arms while he silently wept. Tears streamed down your cheeks at the sight, you didn't want to go. You couldn't.

With what felt like the last of your strength, you slowly removed your vision from your necklace. It's glow was usually so bright and full of life, but now it was glowing so faintly.

Slowly, you reached out and gave it to Rex lapis. As soon as the vision left your hand, it's already faint green glow completely disappeared leaving only a green vision.

"I have a contract." you swallowed, trying to ignore the pain.

Rex lapis didn't say anything.

"I will continue my duties." You tried to smile but the pain was too great.

He remained silent, not being able to find the right words.

"I--"

The adrenaline that had kept you alive began wearing off, the pain in your body finally got hold of you. You leaned to the side and violently coughed up the blood that had pooled in your lungs, with blurry vision you desperately tried to speak, say something, anything.

But you couldn't.

Darkness slowly pooled in your vision, your usually growing eyes were dimm. Unnaturally so, as the pain disappeared so did your thoughts, your breathing slowed as your body slowly shut down.

With a final exhale you remained motionless, the god weeping at your death hugged you tightly. The death of family and friends was something Rex lapis would never get used to. But your death, it clawed at his heart tore something apart.

The desperation you felt, in your last moments. Had not gone unnoticed, he wished he could have heard what you wanted to say. Hear just one more word, but you were gone.

As the light fully dimmed from your vision, he knew you were gone. The color faded completely leaving a white shell of its former self, your body stopped moving. Your chest stopped heaving up and down.

The only thing left was the blood seeping from your mortal injuries, something unknown even to the god of contracts rushed into him. With no hesitation he lifted you upwards, corpses littered the large room, once it had been a beautiful shrine in his name.

Now all that was left was carnage and destruction.

He had defied the heavens before, and would do it again. Whether his next decision was his biggest mistake or not Rex lapis did not know, all he knew was that no matter what he would not regret it.

-

A/N

Um hi, it's been a while. o/

I got into Genshin impact a loooot and now after like a year or two since writing my last fanfic I've decided to give my writing skills a shot. If there any if you who've read my other work(s) I hope you can see improvement ^^ Thank you for reading!