Fix You- The Old Comet

"Hey I looked for you at the party last night," Adam said after he sat down.

"Oh, sorry about that. Chastity said the same thing, I just...I got a little held up."

"I heard. Brian and I took off a little bit before that all went down. How is Vicki? Do you know?"

"The doctors said that with rest, she should be fine," I said leaving out the part where she woke up a little after getting patched up and said vampire. I didn't need people to think she was losing it. She was a little drunk, that's probably why she said it anyway.

"That's good," he said. "Really good. Anyway....are you going to see the comet tomorrow?"

"Of course, I helped organize the event," I said. "I'll probably go with Chastity and Bonnie since Elena's probably gonna be with Stefan."

"Oh, I almost forgot about that," he said with a grin. "How did your matchmaking work out?"

"Well he came over last night and they talked for a long time, so I'm hoping something will become of it," I said. "If not, then I'll just have to work my magic and make something happen."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So I was thinking something tomboyish," Chastity said. "You know, surprise people by being the opposite of what they would expect me, a blonde, to be. What do you think?"

"I think whatever you want to do would work," I told her. She was asking me about the outfit she was going to wear to see the comet tomorrow night. Normally she wouldn't worry about these types of things, but it was different since Jeremy was actually going to be there.

We walked around the campus toward the parking lot until Elena and Matt came into view. She and I walked up to them quickly and I hopped on Matt's back.

"Hey Matty," I greeted with a smile.

"Hey short stuff," he greeted with a clear fake smile. I let myself down and he turned. "I wanna thank you again for being there with me last night. It means a lot."

"It was no problem," I said. "I'm really glad she's going to be okay."

"Yeah," he said. "Anyway, I'm actually about to go back there now and see if she's awake. I wanna know what really happened last night. I'll see you later."

"Bye Matt, let me know what she says," I said as he walked away.

"You got it!"

"Give her a hug for me if you can!" Chasitity called after him. I looked at Elena who seemed a little down. I put a hand on her shoulder.

"You okay?" I asked her. She nodded and forced a smile.

"I'll live," she said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I think he's a grade A asshole," I muttered on the phone. Jenna called me after her conference with Mr. Tanner about Jeremy and it turns out he's not very supportive of Jenna being our sole guardian. Well that wasn't really his choice now was it?

"I can see why Jeremy doesn't want to go to his class," she said. "The man's not even my teacher and I felt intimidated. I can't imagine what people going in there must feel like every day."

"Well he's not my teacher, thank god, but I know he's been giving both Jeremy and Elena a hard time which just makes me mad," I said. "I really don't think teacher was a good job for him to take up."

"I think he'd do a better job as an interragator, he really knows how to put people on the spot," she replied. "Anyway, I'm gonna go and let you hang out with the girls. That is where you are right? You're not pulling a Jeremy on me?"