Chapter 2: An Accidental Discovery

Somewhere else in the city of Shizume, people were moving on with their lives. The light from the sun was blinding but where light exists, the shadow lurked.

Munakata Reisi was on leave. He was standing in the street watching all people walking by. It was not his habit but it was in a whim he decided to do nothing but to watch the street and observe the day-to-day activities.

Students were shopping after school, lovers have their hands over each other, workers rushing to work, all these were normal. It seemed that nothing was changed.

Munakata took a sip of his ice coffee opposite a shop which sells socks watching the door and the big pathway before, a far distant memory overlapped the scene before his eyes. He saw himself requesting a certain red haired man to move away in a sense to make way for him to walk claiming that he was a man who would not even give way to woman, children and elderly.

He wouldn't move of course and Munakata debating with him whether he should move or not. In the end, the red haired man grabbed his hand and dragged him to the shop nearby to shop for glasses because he would not admit he needed to fix his degree.

Munakata was now in the shop reminiscing about the past. Nothing was changed. He laughed to himself. That was a word of irony. That man had changed. He was no longer around, killed by his own hand. Now he was alone.

He had survived a number of life and death situation. Perhaps he was protected by his luck. Somehow there would people who would risk their lives for him or even died for him. Perhaps it was because he was their King. If he was not, these people might not do it but yet he would be protected by the ignorance of the darkness within the world.

He almost forgot not just his men, he was saved by one from another clan perhaps by instinct. It was just a mistake that he was protecting someone he thought he was.

All the sudden he wondered if there was a meaning to all these?

*****

"Shall we return to the HQ, Fushimi-san?" Akiyama asked his superior after they completed their mission restraining another out of control strain.

"It's after 6. After office hours, I'm going off already. Akiyama will report to the HQ and go off." Fushimi gave out his order. He did not feel like going back to the office in case that man was around.

And he saw his King who happened to be thinking of "Saru spinning" (monkey spinning) the other King from the red clan was also interested to see at that point of time. Of all days, he had to be on leave and out in the street without any bodyguard just inviting anyone to assassinate him. Fushimi clicked his tongue in annoyance for having to see his face being reminded of his memory of a certain chestnut red hair boy lying peacefully in the casket.

Fushimi shook his head. He did not know how to face him. That man was the reason Yata Misaki died.

Fushimi could not believe his ears when he heard the truth from the person himself. He knew he impersonated him but he just could not accept the fact he died thinking he was protecting him. He did not deserved it after what he had done to him.

"Ahh.. Misaki is an idiot." Fushimi murmured staring out to the sky.

"Just wait a little longer before I can see you in my dream, Mi-sa-kiii."

He needed to work overtime.

*****

"How is work today?" Munakata asked as they made their way back to the dorm. Fushimi needed to ensure this annoying man was returned to his Captain's apartment safe and sound.

"Just capturing an out of control strain or two, nothing is too challenging for me." Fushimi said in a bored tone with his hand in his pocket.

"I see. If this is the case, you can always feel free to drop by my office to finish the 10,000 pieces puzzle with me like the old times before you joined Scepter 4." Munakata offered watching the back of the younger man. He recalled how awed Fushimi was when he first saw that puzzle back in his office. He had forgotten the stress he had been undergoing working on that puzzle.