Chapter 4: An Unexpected Assault

By the time, both Kusanagi and Awashima had finished knocking the Strains out.

A clap was heard catching their attention. A tall man in purple hair had arrived with the parrot. Kusanagi stood in front of Awashima to protect her. He could recognise them as JUNGLE. As expected the Green King would not want to miss this event. Kusanagi was sizing Mishakuji up predicting his chance of getting out of this alive.

Mishakuji smirked. Kusanagi had not used his power against these Strains at all. It would be fun playing with him as he was strong.

"Seri-chan get out of here and get your reinforcement to help the innocent."

"Innocent? They're just greedy thrash." Mishakuji slashed one of the unconscious man across his throat killing him instantly to the couple's horror.

"The cat Strain's power had been a nuisance but doesn't matter. That man will deal with the inexperienced Silver Clan. I'm waiting for the big fish. Who will be his shield today?" Awashima was pissed. He was obviously insulting her captain. Kusanagi could only glare at them while controlling his anger. These people killed Yata. He could not let this lying down but he would not fall on their trick.

Before long, Kusanagi found himself compromised while Awashima struggled to open up the lock to the door. She wasn't adept at it like Fushimi.

"He's fast!" Kusanagi at a point in time thought he had him when the tip of his sword was pointed at his chest as he would not have the time to dodge to only realise that Mishakuji's movement was slowed down somehow and he managed to avoid the sword from running through him by tripping him with his feet. Mishakuji was shocked. At that kind of speed and distance, he could not have missed.

Kusanagi narrowed his eyes. There was something else around and somehow giving him some advantage over Mishakuji. He could defeat him.

"A strain?" Kusanagi started to get serious as he lit his cigarette. Whoever the Strain was, he or she appeared to be helping him.

"It's going to be fun from now on, right, Mishakuji Yukari." He taunted him.

The door opened finally. Awashima gasped when the door revealed her Captain who had just arrived at the scene.

"Captain, why're you here?" Awashima asked anxiously. It was dangerous for him to be there.

"I'm just wondering why you've taken so long as it had been quiet in here so I had Fushimi-kun to hack through the facility here." Munakata replied. His eyes did not falter from the man and the parrot.

"Another victory." Fushimi smirked to himself. He wanted to see if the Blue King and Green King would fight one another to death and Misaki could rest in peace.

Munakata was a nasty man to order that man to do a certain dirty job. He raised his head and one of the monitor in the caravan caught his attention. A man with an USAGI mask made some movement with his hands as though he was orchestrating some performance. After which the figure disappeared and he noticed a shadow leaving the auditorium heading into the direction where the backdoor of the hotel was and he decided to follow.

"Akiyama, I'll leave things here with you."

"Fushimi-san?" Fushimi was out of the caravan before Akiyama could say anything.

Fushimi saw a being with an USAGI mask. He had seen enough USAGI to know that that one was different.

"Don't worry, I brought a shield. He's taking care of the things at the back. I tasked him with another mission actually." Munakata assured Awashima. She knew who he was referring to. That man who rarely showed himself decided to participate in this mission after reading a report Munakata had written on the aftermath of the downfall of the former Red King. He wanted to see that with his own eyes. That was if that person would show himself.